High pressure oil pump

devon lock

12 valve
A guy I work with has a 02 7.3 and oil is leaking out of the HPOP. He got a o-ring kit, but the plug that is leaking says Do Not Remove. The dealer ship said he has to replace the pump for $1400. Is there any way to fix this or does he need a new pump. Also is there any place to get a cheaper pump.

A guy I work with has a 02 7.3 and oil is leaking out of the HPOP. He got a o-ring kit, but the plug that is leaking says Do Not Remove. The dealer ship said he has to replace the pump for $1400. Is there any way to fix this or does he need a new pump. Also is there any place to get a cheaper pump.

I'm not sure what plug you're referring to, but aside from that..... a hpop can be had for ~500 any day of the week. Takes about 2hrs to swap.

That's the biggest ass raping on a hpop I've ever heard of fwiw.

And fwiw, if the leak happens to be coming from either of the fittings that are screwed into the pump at the line attachment points, all that is needed there is a -6 ORB O-ring and about 5 minutes of your time with a 3/4" open ended wrench. Just be aware that it's an o-ring fitting, being threaded into an aluminum case, and do get he-man on it or you'll be adding helicoil to your to-do list for the day.

I'm not sure what plug you're referring to, but aside from that..... a hpop can be had for ~500 any day of the week. Takes about 2hrs to swap.

That's the biggest ass raping on a hpop I've ever heard of fwiw.

And fwiw, if the leak happens to be coming from either of the fittings that are screwed into the pump at the line attachment points, all that is needed there is a -6 ORB O-ring and about 5 minutes of your time with a 3/4" open ended wrench. Just be aware that it's an o-ring fitting, being threaded into an aluminum case, and do get he-man on it or you'll be adding helicoil to your to-do list for the day.

The oring kit he has came with 3 orings and the plug that is leaking isn't one of them it is on the bottom of the pump and the instructions say do not remove or pump will be wrecked, but he can see where the oring is pinched.

The oring kit he has came with 3 orings and the plug that is leaking isn't one of them it is on the bottom of the pump and the instructions say do not remove or pump will be wrecked, but he can see where the oring is pinched.

That's the "non-servicable plug". However, there are instructions floating around to fix that problem too without replacing the HPOP. I gotta dig those up from somewhere. Give me some time to find them.

That's the "non-servicable plug". However, there are instructions floating around to fix that problem too without replacing the HPOP. I gotta dig those up from somewhere. Give me some time to find them.

thanks

DieselSite.com has those plugs that are supposed to be Non Servicable. And if you ever was in need of a HPOP, he sells the Adrenaline pump for 589. Better than stock and very reasonably priced.

http://www.dieselorings.com/docs/fullHPOP.pdf

Page 2, right hand column is the instructions for repairing the non-serviceable plug.

Sorry for waiting till this morning. It was late when I posted last night, and I was dead tired. Didn't feel like searching for the link, since I didn't remember where it was offhand.

Anyway, that's much cheaper than having Ford replace the HPOP for you. And as Gotti mentioned, there are upgrades available that are cheaper than Ford.

Back