High psi water inj. 12 volt vs gear driver

cjreckart

Whats the pros and cons? This will be on a dedicated pulling truck. Which works better and why?

Puller should only run the big kits. Like comparing a hand grenade with an atomic bomb.

To many things can happen if the 12v pump doesnt turn on for some reason. Gear would be the only eay to go. Why do you need it?

Gears steal horsepower, a pre-charged battery does not.

Thinking about making some changes this year and not really sure if i do need it thats why i was thinking bout electric. So if i didnt just leave the switch off and not worry about it.

Thinking about making some changes this year and not really sure if i do need it thats why i was thinking bout electric. So if i didnt just leave the switch off and not worry about it.

Are you talking about running one of Scheid's or Haisley's electric kits versus running a Vickers pump or a street setup (i.e. cooling mist) versus a Vickers pump?

Edit: It sounds like the former. You will need to thoroughly think through powering either pump especially if you are not running an alternator.

Last edited:
Yea itll be very similar to schieds and haisley set up. Truck will have 3 batteries and no alternator

Are you talking about running one of Scheid's or Haisley's electric kits versus running a Vickers pump or a street setup (i.e. cooling mist) versus a Vickers pump?

Edit: It sounds like the former. You will need to thoroughly think through powering either pump especially if you are not running an alternator.

any info on a vickers pump setup if someone wanted to put their own system together. Mounting where the vac pump used to be?

Haisleys sells the adapter plate that comes with the gear. Im not sure bout the part # for the pump. I talked to max simpson he sells the pump for $425 and the simpson valve is $750. Plus ull need distrubution block and lines.

Haisleys sells the adapter plate that comes with the gear. Im not sure bout the part # for the pump. I talked to max simpson he sells the pump for $425 and the simpson valve is $750. Plus ull need distrubution block and lines.

Do you have a ballpark on plate cost?

There are a variety of pumps that will work, and the pump part number will vary based on the flow requirements.

Ive got the scheid kit. When the boost comes up it trips the simpson valve and its game on. Its the only thing i would trust. I dont even use it any more. Thing i would do before spending all this money is go to a couple T&T and make a couple half track passes to see were the EGT's are. You can tune with fuel even with unlimited single /3.2 twins and never need water

Back