high stall converters ??????

bubba1

kwick canuck
Who is every one using for their converter's looking for some one to build one to stall at 2400-2500, no lower:stab:

Most of the ProStreet guys in the south run Suncoast stuff.

I and John Robinson are both using TCI. Suncoast is good stuff too though.

2400-2500 stall at what boost and with what charger? I have never understood how the guys can rate a turbo charged diesel with a stall. I mean when I ran an s400 my stall was 1700 cause I couldn't light the charger, but if I put the 66mm charger on it, I could stall it about 2500.

I would call Jason Coan at Coan Engineering, He will build you what you need, and the convertor in the Nitro Flash Truck stalls 4500 to 4700, but he might tighten it up a little. Any lower than that and we are getting down in to peak torque. The key is to run the convertor around the beginning of peak hp curve, this allows you the most time going down the track with in the peak power curve.

And a good torque convertor builder doesn’t rate a convertor at a given stall, he makes a good educated decision, and you adjust it a few times from there, until you see where it sets in high gear on the graph.

Goerend has been working with us for some time on the stalls. I have heard mixed results from coan. Working in Kokomo, if this is the coan racing in kokomo indiana...some guys took some non lockup units to coan and they were like $250 for modifying the stall, then some other guys said he wanted crazy money for them.

Go with Goerend. Lifetime warranty on the triple disc and he'll work with you on getting the stall you want. :Cheer:

Dave has worked with me for the last 3 years and about 6 convertors later i got a 2500 stall:woohoo:. like Jim said dave is where its at.

Greg when i ask what my convertor stalled at dave said "if i had to guess....2500 go find out for yourself every truck is different":snoop:

I vote for Goerend. You couldn't ask for a better man than Dave. He will work with you to make sure you get what you want. 1-563-778-2719

i used a ats triple lock never had a problem with it its a min of 2400 max is like 3200 stall stall i dont use it anymore if interested

Hey Shaun

Call Ron at Suncoast he has done right by me.

Back