Highest HP still streetable

06er

Later this year I'm having my tranny built at a local shop (auto). So after that I'm gonna start with the rest of the truck, planning on pulling it in 2 years, but still need to put 5000-10000 street miles on it untill then. I pretty much want to know what you guys think as far as a turbo that i can drive on the road for that time (I dont pull trailer or anything like that) and use when i start pulling and be competitive. Also how big can I go on the injectors. I currently have a edge j/a and 5" exhaust. thanks

Just depends on your definition of streetable as far as how much smoke etc etc etc

Just depends on your definition of streetable as far as how much smoke etc etc etc

No such thing as to much smoke. Just didnt how big of turbo i could run and not have to big of a problem with lag or if it would matter

A 66mm is probly the biggest youd want to go to, they can handle 650+ hp vp truck and still drive decent at 400+ and work good in pulling. Theres no need for bigger unless competion only. For injectors you can go with 240 -250hp range and still drive with hardly and smoke if you try.

Ive got a truck running mach 8's and a silver bullet and its so smokey its very hard to drive it on the street without getting in trouble. even with the comp box off just giving the truck enough pedal to stay at a steady speed such as 40 mph there is a constant thick haze coming out of the stack.

Ive got a truck running mach 8's and a silver bullet and its so smokey its very hard to drive it on the street without getting in trouble. even with the comp box off just giving the truck enough pedal to stay at a steady speed such as 40 mph there is a constant thick haze coming out of the stack.

I had the same problem with my HTT 66/71/13 and Scheid 6x.015 injectors. you could easily accidently smoke people out.

It just depends wh
at class you want to run. 2.6 2.8 3.0 ???

Later this year I'm having my tranny built at a local shop (auto). So after that I'm gonna start with the rest of the truck, planning on pulling it in 2 years, but still need to put 5000-10000 street miles on it untill then. I pretty much want to know what you guys think as far as a turbo that i can drive on the road for that time (I dont pull trailer or anything like that) and use when i start pulling and be competitive. Also how big can I go on the injectors. I currently have a edge j/a and 5" exhaust. thanks

I would call Drake an ask him I would think a 66 it going to be pushing it for the street unless you put small injectors in it . What pump are you running the hotrod or monster

Mach 8s and scheid 6x15s are a bit agressive for street. Mach 6s are much cleaner, ddp 250s and down are cleaner cause they are smaller. I drove around with scheid 7x 13s for a while and they were over board too, but my mach 5s i had were easy to drive with(slight haze). It all depends what you want to do more with the truck, i say stay conservative and build 500 hp and its still gonna be fun at brush pulls and alot cheaper than breakin at big hp.

I would call Drake an ask him I would think a 66 it going to be pushing it for the street unless you put small injectors in it . What pump are you running the hotrod or monster
Will a stock so pump get me to at least 500hp? How reliable is a monster pump on the street?

Will a stock so pump get me to at least 500hp? How reliable is a monster pump on the street?

very streetable and reliable Karl from Redline Diesel was daily driving his with street tires went an 11.01 and was makin 700+ to the wheels

what elevation are you at. whats your location. that will play a part in your turbo selection.

I live at about 4-500 elev. and my 66 is great but here in texas it sucks ass, no air and WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much lag and smoke with little 150 inj.

let me edit this and say west of dallas, its like a dang light switch on my turbo.

Yes a stock pump will get you 500. If you put a monster pump on you will have to put injectors in it.

FIREMED where are you located west of dallas? I am located about 30 min west of ft worth.

Back