Highest single CP3 HP ?

I'd like to see the trucks all on the same dyno. When you guys start talking about numbers each dyno will yield different numbers for the same truck. My brother and I have always ran our trucks on Dunbars dyno because it let us know where we stood against each other and what our modifications really done. If we were to jump on a different dyno I don't think that would of told us anything. This year was a disappointing year for me as my clutch held for only 4 pulls and then was out. Looking to upgrade some stuff for next yr. I would have to say I've ran John's pumps and they have been a damn good pump for me.

The problem with a dyno is that if a lower numbered flowing "LPH" CP3 pump will hold 26,000 psi with that trucks combonation then the CP3 pump with even higher flowing "LPH" really wont make anymore HP. A higher flowing CP3 will only give you the abbility to make more HP if you need that extra flow.

John

The problem with a dyno is that if a lower numbered flowing "LPH" CP3 pump will hold 26,000 psi with that trucks combonation then the CP3 pump with even higher flowing "LPH" really wont make anymore HP. A higher flowing CP3 will only give you the abbility to make more HP if you need that extra flow.

John

I agree with you 100% John, I was just saying these dyno numbers people are throwing out really don't mean anything. If you are going to test pumps its all about flow. (LPH) I'm pretty sure I know who will win this shootout.
:rockwoot:

Went to the dyno last week but the idiot couldnt keep my truck from spining on the rollers so no numbers yet. With my 11.93 run (bad traction) I would imagine im low 700's

I also vote for the shootout. I run one of John's pumps and its now where near maxed out at my 681Hp with a Htt 66. it was on John's own dyno at an event held in Il.

John, Jump is bringing you something to play with in the future have fun with it.

I'd like to see the trucks all on the same dyno. When you guys start talking about numbers each dyno will yield different numbers for the same truck. My brother and I have always ran our trucks on Dunbars dyno because it let us know where we stood against each other and what our modifications really done. If we were to jump on a different dyno I don't think that would of told us anything. This year was a disappointing year for me as my clutch held for only 4 pulls and then was out. Looking to upgrade some stuff for next yr. I would have to say I've ran John's pumps and they have been a damn good pump for me.

I have to agree with you on the dyno thing. Personally the last time i dynoed my truck I only made a killer 84 HP. Yes thats right 84 hp, but later that night after driving a few miles down the road i ran a 13.623 with my 84 hp truck. Dynos are funbut to me the only "REAL" use i have for one is tuning and if you dont own one be ready to cough up some buckaroos. I leave my "POWER WARS" for the track and pull offs. Hey, to go off subject a little bit....anyone here going to the Diesel Nationals in Baytown this year?? One last bit too, when I got into stuff for my 03 II was pretty much the only place around and they have ALWAYS provided me with AWESOME products and service, not putting down any of the rest of you but you know when you find something that you like, and works, and that you trust its just really hard to change. So im going to be an II supporter. Brady has always taken care of me and that is some times a really hard thing to do.

I also vote for the shootout. I run one of John's pumps and its now where near maxed out at my 681Hp with a Htt 66. it was on John's own dyno at an event held in Il.

John, Jump is bringing you something to play with in the future have fun with it.

what stage pump are you running? I've got an FI stage2 waiting to be installed :)

653 and the ECM only loaded to 55%. Guess need to add a TST, because it doesn't want to load the ECM more than 55%.

653 and the ECM only loaded to 55%. Guess need to add a TST, because it doesn't want to load the ECM more than 55%.

What do you mean when you say "the ECM only loaded to 55%"? What is measuring what? I'm just curious.

Jared

I am not a big fan of modded singles. But I was helping out with Mike Woods Mustang. It has an II stroker pump. Trap speed of 147.88 with a full 28000psi equals just 800 at the tires. Very impressive.

i need to get on a dyno that can load my charger properly and see what the truck has in it. i am running a modded pump from john and it;s awesome!!

What do you mean when you say "the ECM only loaded to 55%"? What is measuring what? I'm just curious.

Jared

This is how Erick Brown explained it. The ECM load was only 55% from what the scanner was telling Erick.

Alright.... I'll get it straight. Without the EZ, the ECM saw an overboost situation and forced it to drop power, that explains the dumb low numbers.

As for the 55% load, the ECM is only seeing 3V at full boost because of the boost fooling. This has been an issue for some 03-04 trucks and this explains why a lot of them need a TST. Something is telling the ECM to not calculate full load which does not give full duration of the tune. So if you toss on a TST, you can lie to the injectors and tell them to have "full" duration because of the multiplication of the TST.

Say at full load the Duration was to be 2,000 microseconds, but at 55% load the duration is only at 1,600 microseconds. What the TST will do is multiply the 1,600 by whatever you select and put the duration where it should be or where you want it to be. Once we put more duration to this thing, it'll definitely pick up more power.

The ECM takes all the inputs (speed, rpms, boost, rail pressure, and TPS) and makes whats called a calculated load. Now that calculated load is translated into a lot of functions also. It will determine the amount of duration, timing, rail pressure and so on. This is a problem on some 03-04 trucks. Why, i don't know. But with my scan tool, the ECM would only show 55% calcualted load. I'm sure if it were on the street, it would show the same thing.

So what we do now is put a TST on the truck and magnify the ECM output of the duration.

The bigger injector you go, the less this seems to be a problem. On my truck and flux 5s, i still needed the TST on 5x5 to make more power over the Smarty alone. When we swapped in the Flux 7.5s i needed the TST on 2x2. But we took off the TST with the really big injectors and were only 50 hp down. Marco was on track then to push the smarty past the stack of the two and make better power. Unfortunely that is when the crank broke in half. I think there is still much more to learn in these ECMs. There might be some tables somewhere and it is causing the laod to back down.

Back