Highway and towing tires

Michelins here. Got 150k out of set. But thats rotating, alignments and balancing continously and about 85% highway miles towing at about 26K or better.

305/55 Toyo AT2's here... Love Them. They ride excellent, seem to be wearing well. and are decently light.

I'm starting to lean more towards the 275/65r20's. They all have the highest load rating, and are cheaper. Plus they're taller and skinnier so I might pick a little mileage up that way.

Pretty darn happy with my dura graps. They are 325/60r18. After 20k+ you can't even tell if they have worn. Pretty quiet too although mileage went down.

I like my michelin ltx m/s 2s alot. Have only put 20k on them since i got them in August and still look brand new.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

I like my michelin ltx m/s 2s alot. Have only put 20k on them since i got them in August and still look brand new.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

I loved my Michelins too. I just figured I'd give the duragraps a shot. If they hold up just as well or pretty close, I can save a lot of $$$

Sent from my paperweight

Got a bonus check yesterday. Ordering Duratracs today. Local guy is going to call me back but so far:

TireRack for 6 delivered: $1534
4 Wheel Parts : $1573 (after some haggling)

$60 mail in rebate from Goodyear right now on top of that.

Edit: National Backorder. No one has seen them for 6 weeks. I guess Tire Rack pricing it is. :(

Last edited:
We run Firestone TransForce A/T on all our company trucks. I am getting around 60 to 70,000 miles per set (rotating them every 10,000). We pull heavy trailers all day on and off the highway. Alot of dirt, and gravel road traveling. I love these tires, good traction all weather.

Back