Hit scheids rollers

jakethesnake

currently operational
I got on scheids dyno in effingham on friday, topped out a 448, and 1222 ft pounds, next things up are the 2.6 charger, cam, and getting the pump benched.

Set-up
160 pump 4gsk, 191dvs, rack plug zero plate ff 22* of timing
7x12
Hx35 over 66/77/22 hx55
4.10 gears ran in 4th from 1800-4000 rpm
What do you guys think of the numbers?

sent from my android using taptalk

That gives you numbers that you can build on now. Wish I could have gone with you guys.

Those are great numbers! Now you know what to expect out of the 2.6 charger and how to get it to the power you want!
The guys at Scheid are really cool and seem like they really want to help. They will definately have my business when I stop messing with the dumb shiz!

thanks guys ill be hitting double A motors (out of new Bloomfield) mustang dyno in 2 weeks (next time im home) before all the changes. im hopping to use theres for tuning close to home! im also interested to see how the newer mustang with a single 52" roller will read compared to scheids!

On another note i want to thank mike wood @ scheid for making good on his word and taking care of my injection line problems by hooking me up with a new set! Scheids customer service has been outstanding, and a all around great group of guys to deal with!

With what's done to ur truck, I would think it should dyno over 500. Awesome torque numbers though. I made 419 with an HX35

Hard to compare dyno to dyno, but it seems like Scheids reads a little low. Best indicator of true HP is weight and trap speed in the 1/4.

Good numbers Jake. That pump did 500 on the button for me with the bd twins, 8x.011's and no plate so you aren't far off that. I think I ran 24* timing then.

Thanks guys, I was really hoping it would do 500 too but I know I can get it there one way or another lol. Pete, I'm going to bump the timing to 24* before the next runs. What is your pump set at now if you don't mind me asking? I really want to run the truck in the 1/4 just for fun, but don't expect a lot of it there. I can do some pretty good 3rd gear boost launches but the triple disc isn't the fastest thing to shift lol

Jake, on my last dyno pull I was at 20*. I think with 24* and a converter that will stay locked 700+HP is there easy.

Hard to compare dyno to dyno, but it seems like Scheids reads a little low. Best indicator of true HP is weight and trap speed in the 1/4.

The guy who was running Scheid's dyno gave me the HP numbers he made on Scheid's and Dunbar's on the same day and the difference was 19% lower on Scheid's. The torque numbers were higher though. Just food for thought.

You would probably make more HP with just the hx55 without the hx35.... I would swap the HX55 out for something like a s471-s475.

I always thought that too but didn't want to deal with the laggy 22cm exhaust housing, all that's all old news now lol
my new set up....
Benched 180 pump max @550cc's by DPE
5k gsk, fullcuts, rackpkug
HX52 pro w billet wheel 67/74/16

Not sure when ill be able to get back on the dyno but It sure does feel a lot stronger!

I always thought that too but didn't want to deal with the laggy 22cm exhaust housing, all that's all old news now lol
my new set up....
Benched 180 pump max @550cc's by DPE
5k gsk, fullcuts, rackpkug
HX52 pro w billet wheel 67/74/16

Not sure when ill be able to get back on the dyno but It sure does feel a lot stronger!

That "pro" 52 sounds like a regular ol hx52. The pro is a 71mm compressor, not 67mm. And I believe the turbine is 71mm exducer, I run one as my secondary, although its a single at the moment. Should run pretty good though!

Lol thanks for the info I should have measured the turbine wheel when I got it! And I thought it was the "pro" bc of the billet wheel, but any how the price was right for a brand new charger. I'm sure ill end up out growing it before long, but it does run great right now!

Sounds like a strong setup you have now. You should like the numbers much more once you get it all dialed in.

Lol thanks for the info I should have measured the turbine wheel when I got it! And I thought it was the "pro" bc of the billet wheel, but any how the price was right for a brand new charger. I'm sure ill end up out growing it before long, but it does run great right now!

Nah the billet is just factory from Holset, makes you feel all warm and fuzzy for getting a billet wheel at a good price:snoop:
Mine was $650 to my door with a 1 year warranty:rockwoot:

Lol very true it was a big turn on for me! I bought mine from speedracer on here for 400! The comp housing just had a small ding in it, and no warranty but still a new charger non the less! How many psi are pushing out of yours? I've got my 60 psi pop off valves in still, and its making 55-58 psi. Egts are stopping at 1500* on long WO runs with the pump at 450cc's... 500cc's seems like its putting the fire out in high rpms and egts are topping at 1400* .....thoughts....

Nah the billet is just factory from Holset, makes you feel all warm and fuzzy for getting a billet wheel at a good price:snoop:
Mine was $650 to my door with a 1 year warranty:rockwoot:

Back