Hit the Dyno - Low numbers?

CumminsPOWER

"I'll go all in."
Okay so this saturday I hit my buddy's dyno and my numbers seem low to me. I wasn't expecting massive numbers. Maybe in the 5-550 range I was guessing/hoping for. Funny thing is the first 3 runs were with the Adrenaline on pl00... thought I had it set on kill. The last run(single run on the graph) was with it on kill. So I'm wondering if my adrenaline isn't goofing up or something. Just seems low to me. The trailer dyno does NOT have a load cell, so he brake boosts. Any insight?

Dyno'd set-up, SOVP(5-6k miles on it), Adrenaline w/COMP2 tune set on kill, 6x.016s, Batmo 66/74/14, Spearco Intercooler, built auto by TRE, 33s with 3.55s. Truck made 58 psi. I'll try to get the videos uploaded to YouTube tonight.

1077380_10151727483046730_1455072927_o.jpg

1071183_10151727482996730_1630383613_o.jpg

58psi would make me think it loads it up. What were egts like? Those are monster injectors for that setup BTW.

Last edited:
1st injectors are to big and second what kind of boost did you start your run at

Well, I know the guy personally so I know it doesn't have a load cell if thats what your meaning. I know they are big sticks, but I'll be moving to a p-pump this winter and thats why I went with them. I know it seems that 6x.013s are the ticket for the VP44.

I'm not sure on EGTs since he makes the runs and I forgot to ask him. He told me he'd start the run at 20 psi.

So that'd really keep the power down that low? I have very little experience with dyno'ing a vehicle as this was only my second time.

What about the graphs? Why are they so flat?

Can you feel a noticable difference from 0 on the Quad to the tune you ran on the dyno?

I'd say 20 psi Is a bit high as well, you should start the run just at the point where the truck will "climb" out and feel peak load.

then again, the consistency of the three runs may mean something is off elsewhere.

06megacummins said:
Is that standard output pump keepin up with the demand for fuel

No, prob not. Luckily this is only temporary.

mathews8pt said:
Can you feel a noticable difference from 0 on the Quad to the tune you ran on the dyno?

I'll have to try it to be honest. I don't usually have the Adrenaline on 0 and if I do it's when it's cold so I'm not getting after it.

ahale2772 said:
I'd say 20 psi Is a bit high as well, you should start the run just at the point where the truck will "climb" out and feel peak load.

then again, the consistency of the three runs may mean something is off elsewhere.

Okay, good to know. Yeah, he always manages consistent runs. I'm really wondering if the Adrenaline isn't taking a crap, or maybe a bad tap? Because those first 3 runs were with it on 0 and the 4th run was on 10(kill). The 4th run the torque increased a 124 ft lbs yet the horsepower only increased by by?

injectors are definitely too big...might as well have a garden hose oozing diesel into the cylinder lol...

that said...looking at your numbers, it looks like your wiretap isn't hooked up or isn't working...

I can see where canbus fueling came in...but wiretap looks non existent...

Last edited:
I wonder if your VP is having trouble with advancing the timing; any codes? Would have been helpful to know egts. Was it really really smokey?

Injectors are way too big and the Quad Box is a POS.

I have seen Jetpilot net alot higher power with a smaller injector and a Diaz Built Steroid B1.However,he was running a TST Comp/EZ stack which is one of the best fueling combos for any 24v Truck.His truck was on 35's with 3.55's.

I know the injectors are too big for the current set-up but like I said I'm moving to a p-pump this winter. If I was staying with the VP I would have went with 6x013s at the most. Anywho getting off subject. No It wasn't smokey at all really. Heres the first 3 runs. The fourth, and run that the adrenaline was on kill was not much smokier but I didn't get a video of that one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylnNNCtV2yM"]Dyno Run 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhK6iSfKPis"]Dyno Run 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2hsiDbXCF0"]Dyno Run 3 - YouTube[/ame]

jigabop said:
that said...looking at your numbers, it looks like your wiretap isn't hooked up or isn't working...

I can see where canbus fueling came in...but wiretap looks non existent...

Thats what I was leaning towards. :/

Truck looks like it is totally out of fuel, I've always had great luck with edge products for vp trucks.

is that truck stock? lol jk u got a fueling issue i think because that thing shoulda been rolling the coal

Back