Hitting the road in the Pro Street truck

Blacksdieselhp

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Shawns daughter is having auto day at her school today and he wanted to take the race truck for show and tell. This morning, the rollback broke a cylinder, so instead of loading it in the race trailer, he decided to just drive it. Its about 45 mile round trip in stop and go traffic. Just thought it was cool that this was a possibility as it shows how far diesel performance has came in the last few years. Would be awesome to have a road coarse between rounds at some of the races for the pro street class.

I've seen a few of the gas races around have a road course for pro street class just to make them prove they are streetable. I tbought it was a cool idea.

I think it sounds like a great idea then it could truly be called a Pro Street class. My truck is licensed . Last spring I decided to put a Parachute on mine so I made the appointment with the chassis shop . In the mean time my tow rig broke down. The chassis shop is about 100 miles one way from my house . so I drove the race truck there and had them put the chute on it and then drove it back home. It was kind of cool driving it home with the chute hanging off the back.

I've seen a few of the gas races around have a road course for pro street class just to make them prove they are streetable. I tbought it was a cool idea.

Yeah, I remember those cruises from some of the first "Fastest Street Car" shootouts....

hrdp_1211_018_memories_from_memphis_fastest_street_car_shootout_.jpg

Yeah, I remember those cruises from some of the first "Fastest Street Car" shootouts....

hrdp_1211_018_memories_from_memphis_fastest_street_car_shootout_.jpg

That's cool stuff right there ! I have always wanted to do the Hot Rod Drag week but it seems like I always am too busy or the truck is broke when it happens.

Last edited:
I think it sounds like a great idea then it could truly be called a Pro Street class. My truck is licensed . Last spring I decided to put a Parachute on mine so I made the appointment with the chassis shop . In the mean time my tow rig broke down. The chassis shop is about 100 miles one way from my house . so I drove the race truck there and had them put the chute on it and then drove it back home. It was kind of cool driving it home with the chute hanging off the back.

Really bruce, with that big single.. Wow....

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/07/nataseba.jpg[/IMG

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

My daughter's preschool was having transportation week and she begged me to bring the race truck and I can't let her down she love our truck. The kids in her class loved it they asked all kinds of questions about it. They all sat in it tried my helmet on to. They all wanted to get in the bed of it and get there picture taken as a class.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/07/nataseba.jpg[/IMG

My daughter's preschool was having transportation week and she begged me to bring the race truck and I can't let her down she love our truck. The kids in her class loved it they asked all kinds of questions about it. They all sat in it tried my helmet on to. They all wanted to get in the bed of it and get there picture taken as a class.[/quote]

Link doesnt work.

I'll have a pick of the kids with it tomorrow when her teacher sends it to me I'll upload it when I get it.

Really bruce, with that big single.. Wow....
Yeah and the truly amazing thing was I got almost 20mpg doing it. I never really got in it on the trip so it was just kind of idling along without the turbo lit.

Yeah and the truly amazing thing was I got almost 20mpg doing it. I never really got in it on the trip so it was just kind of idling along without the turbo lit.

In reality big singles are not all that hateful on the street. It only takes a little power to run down the road. Really cool you guys can still do that stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool, both of you guys are CR guys though, I wonder out of us 12 valve guys who has a pro street truck tammeable enough to go on a 50 mile or so journey and still be competitive in PS. I'd say stucky is probably the only one but I can't remember if he is still running water or not

The stucky truck is as street able as your wife's car. Me and Philip talk about this a lot and having to prove how street able our prostreet trucks are. With the right tires I would drive ours anywhere.

Back