ho to so vp44

tater01

ok i need a little bit of help hear i just switched from an ho vp44 to a so vp44 do u have to change anything eles be 4 it will work? just wondering. ok my truck runs fine until i turn the drag comp on and then it starts throughing codes for the map sensor.. and then it goes back to like it was when my pump went out no power want hardly build 5lbs of boost but it will idle fine.. any thoughts will be greatly apprecated

Sounds like the drag comp is having problems, not the pump.

You shouldn't have to change anything but the pump to make the switch. I'd start looking elsewhere, starting with the Comp.

SOunds like your Map sensor is crapped out, but check the grounds on the comp.

I've heard of guys doing it without ill effects, are you sure you tapped the correct wire?

Lavon

im runnig a stealth cover.. i talked to some one at scheid and they said that they aint never heard of chaanging from an ho to an so pump so i new right then they couldnt help..

Borrow/swap someones map sensor and see if that fixes it... double check the comp ground and also may try swapping someone elses comp box also.

You say the truck runs perfectly normal until you turn on the comp box?

im going to try to swap comp boxes iv got 3 of them so when ever i get it 2 the shop and can clear the codes im going to try one of the other ones

Make sure all connections are good. They will do some crazy things when not hooked up right.

I would have thought you will need to flash the ECM back to a S/O ECM setting before it will run right.

Didn't swap pumps, but me and another guy swapped transmissions and the corresponding programs in the ecm.

I have an HO pump with an SO tune loaded in the ECM and he has an SO pump with an HO tune loaded. Both seem to work fine.

i have a HO motor. so can i reflash the computer for a SO pump. or should i get a SO pump and also re flash?

so if all that is needed to swapp from an HO pump to an SO pump is the pump. where is a good place to get a pump. how much hp difference is their between the two? all chips and programers will work on the SO pump. how do you tell that it is an SO pump?

Back