Hoesli Diesel Valve Cover

So this valve cover cannot be used on 06-07 trucks?

Please excuse my ignorance ....

You would have to find an 03-05 rocker box and convert the injector wiring connectors. I think Bean's was selling a conversion at one point.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I haven't had time to install mine yet but it came complete with a fancy chrome, mesh breather, new bolts, and all of the hose and clamps for the crankcase evacuation. I'll get a pic of it this week to post on here. It shore is pretty!!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Not sure bout 06-07 but I know u get more oil out of blow by so catch can is great idea there was similar topic on cf

Finally got around to installing it this morning.uploadfromtaptalk1397751074756.jpg

thats a lot of work just for a cover. ive been eyeballing joes (hellman)billett cover for a while now, but its pricey just for show and no go.

did sasquach even make a cover for the 06-07? his looked descent... and 350$

Last edited:
Finally got around to installing it this morning.View attachment 50554

I run a few trucks with 03-04 style marine covers like this that originate from Bean.

That breather you mounted will make a mess real quick over that clean engine bay. Also the smell of blow by and fresh zinc and Rotella will be strong in the cab from pulling fumes in thru your fresh air duct.

Cleanest way is to use a catch can and retuning oil to the sump. Have a secondary hose for vapor fumes plumbed down beside motor near the front driveshaft but not directly over it. My Hellman use's this setup it's clean and works great.

There is a black baffle inside toward the rear of the valve cover. You can weld a large A&N fitting to plumb your hose off of also if you don't want a catch can but does dribble oil on motors that are pushed hard.

image009.jpg

this really makes me want to splurge for joe's setup. so, the cover comes with the black hoses and a catch can as well?

i was always worried about a mess and i notice the 6.7 guys have them more twords the rear but still on the top next to the firewall.

Last edited:
I run a few trucks with 03-04 style marine covers like this that originate from Bean.

That breather you mounted will make a mess real quick over that clean engine bay. Also the smell of blow by and fresh zinc and Rotella will be strong in the cab from pulling fumes in thru your fresh air duct.

Cleanest way is to use a catch can and retuning oil to the sump. Have a secondary hose for vapor fumes plumbed down beside motor near the front driveshaft but not directly over it. My Hellman use's this setup it's clean and works great.

There is a black baffle inside toward the rear of the valve cover. You can weld a large A&N fitting to plumb your hose off of also if you don't want a catch can but does dribble oil on motors that are pushed hard.

Yeah that fancy breather up front is already making a mess. The valve cover does come with fittings and hoses coming off the rear of it for atmosphere and crankcase ventilation. May have to splurge for a fancy oil cap from Geno's.

you could also plumb that filter to the firewall with some vacuum hose and coil it up like we do with the drive pressure gauges. just a thought.

This how I did mine. Put the breathers over the black baffle mentioned by freezingsystems, blocked off the rear breather and oil drain port. Drilled a few holes in oil catch area of the baffle for drainage. I have both hoses hanging just behind the front axle. Might get a dime size drop of oil on the driveway here and there.

vyta5ydu.jpg

Sent from my XT1080

Back