Hole on the side of the block....?

sleepin-sport

Is there a hole on the block where the lift pump bracket is?
When the Fass system was installed, I removed the fuel filter canister and the lift pump. I had a hard time removing the lift pump, so I removed the bracket that holds it onto the block. Now I have a hole that spills oil while the motor is running......? :what:

If its anything like the 12 valve you need to take it completly offand make a block off plate the shape of the lift pump base. hold it in with 2 short bolts and some RTV

Last edited:
you can kinda see what Im talkin about in this pic:

shopstuff004.jpg

I left mine on because I have my 1/2" fuel line attached to it, but you could take the bracket off and cut off the excess metal so that it is just blocking the "hole".

B.A.Ram said:
just put the bracket back on

I'am but it seemed to have a red colored gasket. Anyone order this gasket before? I'll swing by my local DC parts dept and see if they know what I'm talking about.

I ordered it from dodge years ago when I did the exact same thing you did. I don't think it was to expensive but it was a pain trying to find out the right gasket.

Just use a mechanical fuel pump block off plate and gasket- for a gasser mopar engine- fits perfectly and comes with a gasket....

RacinDuallie said:
Just use a mechanical fuel pump block off plate and gasket- for a gasser mopar engine- fits perfectly and comes with a gasket....

beautiful..... Just what I wanted to hear. I'm not a good fabricator so I wanted a fast solution.

Thanks

hole in the block

just go to the local autozone/advance/pepboys whatever is close to you and pick up a fuelpump block off plate for a big block/small block cheby and gasket. shouldnt be more than 10-15 bucks.

BenM said:
just go to the local autozone/advance/pepboys whatever is close to you and pick up a fuelpump block off plate for a big block/small block cheby and gasket. shouldnt be more than 10-15 bucks.

Thanks, I just checked that out and it seems to fit only BB chevy/any mopar or ford. If you compare it to the one on Signals pic up top, there identical. I went to the autozone and advance around my block and they only had small block chevy:doh: ohh well, I check out another advance that's like 8 blocks from here.
BTW: any special sealant I should use? or just mount the gasket and forget about it?
Here's the small block chevy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chro...QsspagenameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247
and this is the big block chevy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEV...QsspagenameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Last edited:
Back