Holset bht4c charger question

Legendarydslper

Does anyone know the specs on the bht4c holset turbo? Its a monster looking thing but I figured maybe it could work as a bottom turbo on a twin setup for a 2003 common rail? What is something like this worth, assuming it needs to be rebuilt.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!

I think they come in 88, 85, and 83. I may be thinking of a ht4b though.

Pretty sure the C is an 88, i was gonna use one on my twins, but it made my HTB3 look like an hx35 sittin next to it so i passed on it. It would be good in a big twin set for pulling, but would be tough to do in a DD. Im gonna use the one i have on mt 14L detroit in a couple weeks, since the EGR and the Big ass VGT is getting deleted finally!!!!

Pretty sure the C is an 88, i was gonna use one on my twins, but it made my HTB3 look like an hx35 sittin next to it so i passed on it. It would be good in a big twin set for pulling, but would be tough to do in a DD. Im gonna use the one i have on mt 14L detroit in a couple weeks, since the EGR and the Big ass VGT is getting deleted finally!!!!

I know they work well on a 3406E/C15 cat if it's north of 600hp. The Detroit should love it if it has a Pittsburgh box. I'm interested to know how it works out!

My ht4c has an 85mm inducer and you should have no problem running it on the strteet in a CR, i do it with a p-pumped 24v.

I have no idea what the 'b' is for though...

What is something like this worth, lets say if it needs to be gone through? I might just pick this one up for the hell of it, the guys says "make offer" so I doubt hed need too much for it. Plus it would be cool to have a monster turbo like that anyways, just for conversation haha

Back