Holset turbo info

There are so many holsets out there its crazy , I have 9cm 11cm and 13 cm that will fit HX50s (bolt on turbine) they are t4 style cept for the 11 its vband hx52 and 55.. I had 3 billet 52s just sold one, I also took a billet 52 wheel and mated it to the hx55 turbin 77/88 I think that will b a good combo and I took a 16cm holset housing and mated to my S400 thats a good one too I have a 19cm gated hx40 t4 also , with a little machine work u can about make anything work its nothing IMO to put a hx35 12cm on a HX50 or older H2Es

Bill Robbins IMO is the best HOLSET man hes 80 years old and still builds turbos for I know one of the mod trucks today

Holset has a new line of racing turbos some are out now

Is it possible to use a he531ve as single turbo on a 04.5 with a smarty and have the truc useful

HT4B

83mm or 85mm comp wheel? Were both available? Found a few conflicting posts on here.

Turbine housings: 28 cm, ____, ...

I think the HT4C had several wheels like everything else.

Rodney, do you have any contact info for that guy?

I've been told the HT4C has three different compressor wheels/housings

I know i have the largest available, but still can't find any solid stats on it

whats the smallest exhaust housing for an hx55 with a 77mm turbine wheel that still has the 5in exhaust outlet. im gettin one for my truck and not sure what size housing it has but im sure its big and will be laggy. im just wondering what housing i can get that will fit the wheel and my 5in down pipe. i dont wanna change exhausts again cause i just got the 5in.

HX55 has a 22cm exhaust housing. An s400 exhaust housing can be machined to fit an hx55. I had a 1.0 housing off an s465 machined to fit my hx55.

thanks. do they have a 5in exhaust outlet? i want it to be able to hook up to my 5in downpipe. i have a brand new exhaust and dont want to get a different one

any machine shop can do it , if they know what there doing , i personly cut down the 16cm outlet flange to 4in , now to cut it to fit bigger wheels takes some time and a few more cuts to get yr angle

ice-cream-zombie.jpg

Because there is a 56mm billet comp wheel that will out flow and spool way faster than a 60mm comp wheel. :poke:

Is it true? or where you being ironic?

cuz i have a he431ve vgt turbo with a 56 mm comp wheel titanium i believe at least its shiny/machined... and have a normal he351ve on the truck with a 60mm wheel

cuz i have a he431ve vgt turbo with a 56 mm comp wheel titanium i believe at least its shiny/machined... and have a normal he351ve on the truck with a 60mm wheel

There are 56 and 60mm billet wheels from Holset (as well as numerous others)...I can't speak as to how they spool up compared to non-billet as I've never used either on my truck

Just a little ironic on the flow, the application I'm using it on doesn't think so. ;)

So would a hx50 with a 63mm comp wheel be a good candidate for mating with a 16cm exh. housing and or 14cm exh. housing. And what kind of turbine wheel would a hx50 with a 63mm comp wheel have?

i had an hx50 that was in a machined out hx40 exhaust housing.. i would stay away from one.. the hx40-50's have small shafts and they break easy. mine grenaded.

Back