Home Heating Oil

steve

Does anyone have any experience with burning wmo, wvo or some blend of bio in thier home? I am looking at purchasing my first house and it has oil heat. The tank is in the basement next to the furnace so it will stay warm and hopefully the fuel will stay thin enough to flow. The company I work for has a large fleet of trucks that drive a lot of miles so I have acess to alot of wmo, atf and drums to store it. If anyone has any advise or web sites that could point me in the right direction I would appreciate the help.

Thank you,
Steve

Yeah you can blend it in. B20 will work just the same as pure HHO. If you start upping the blend from that then you will need to do some trial and error. SOme commerical plant near me sells this stuff dyed for HHO and it does not freeze(?) I'm not sure of this its only been though word of mouth that I have heard.

I was told that hho is basically the same as #2 diesel fuel, is this correct?

After some quick research, i found that the hho is alot like #2 diesel, but does not carry the same lubricating products. The little bit i read broke down the hho is fine to be burnt in diesel in extreme cold enviroments (-30) but not recommended in warmer enviroments. My questions is if you were to blend this with #2 and run an additive would it be ok. The only reason i am asking is because i recieved quite a bit of it for free and if i cant run it in the truck i can still use it in the torpedo heaters in the garage.

HHO is the same as diesel.. thereisnt any change in properties. They pull offorad diesel and HHO from the same tank. If your using it for a business for euipt you get charged sales tax.. if tis HHO.. negative on the tax.

HHO is off road fuel dyed red around here and it has lower sulfer content then our #2 diesel.
just dont get caught puting it in your truck :rockwoot:

It has the same or higher sulfiur content... HHO isnt held to the same standards as normal diesel

#2 Hi Sulfur diesel is used for off road diesel and home heating oil. You can get #2 hsd in two different sulfur amounts, 1500ppm and 500ppm. The 1500ppm has more lubrication than the 500ppm. Both can be used with no problems as HHO or off road diesel fuel. There is also low sulfur and ultra low sulfer DYED fuel that is available. These particular fuels burn cleaner but do not put out the btu or lubrication that the hi sulfur fuels do.

Sales tax is applied to all dyed fuels unless you are exempt (farming, horticulture, etc.) HHO is not exempt from sales tax, at least in Ohio that is.

As mentioned before, up to a b20 bio fuel blend will burn just fine. I know there is higher percentages out there being used, just depends on system. Using bio will clean the system if dirty. The bio acts as a solvent and a lubricator. It is a great thing once system is cleaned, but prepare to go thru a few filters until the process is complete.

They are coming out with different sulfur contents all the time with this stuff. I may have missed a couple.

I'm no expert, but I have bought, sold, handled, and delivered several million gallons of this stuff the last 12 years:)

I burn red ULSD in my furnace. My local fuel supplier doesn't have enough tanks to carry 10 different blends of diesel type fuel. How many local suppliers have the extra tanks to carry all of these blends?

Bio would not make sense for heating a home. It is good for vehicles because it lubricates extremely well. BTU content is what matters or HHO, and Bio has a lower BTU content than dino fuel. That means that it will produce less heat with the same amount of fuel.

Back