Homemade flywheel

renopker

Building my new clutch heres the start of the flywheel,this will be a full 13" dual disc on stands. 1/2 dia larger flywheel.
DSC00001a-2.jpg
DSC00005a.jpg

Very nice, like to see the finished product

I always like to hear about guys building their own parts that most dont think can be built by the average joe and must be bought from a big name company.

Last edited:
Guess everyone has to start somewhere...

This is a picture of the back of our flywheel.

Attachments

• 100_1533.jpg
    100_1533.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 0
Well you need a register,offset and a ring gear not much you change
DSC00017b.jpg

Looks like you are not just building it for yourself. Maybe you need to step up and pay to be a sponser as you are obviously advertising right now.

Peter

Last edited:
Looks like you are not just building it for yourself. Maybe you need to step up and pay to be a sponser as you are obviously advertising right now.

Peter

Not advertising I sell nothing I build or have built on here.I will probably post the dfx file for this flywheel when its finished.Then anybody can build one.build the things you can and buy what you cant.:Cheer:

Copying cam profiles and now Peter's flywheels? Wow....

fat fingered using Tapatalk

Copying cam profiles and now Peter's flywheels? Wow....

fat fingered using Tapatalk

Sad part is, u don't think he is the only one copying things? He has said he isn't reselling them on the site. He just has the gumption to show he is doing it.

The nerve of this guy building his own parts and then posting pics that we might see some hard parts in progress.Ya he just doesn't quit, he needs to step up and buy these parts like everyone else.Well guys after 35 years of building these parts and yes clutches too I'm building parts for my truck for the fun of it.Hard to believe that parts may look alike yet still be different. I wonder who's gonna complain about what my injectors or who's they look like.Sad part is you guys would lean more asking questions that would help you in the future. And no SB flywheel was used in the making of mine.

Let him roll...he is not selling them....no harm no foul. He might add to the development of any of the products he machines himself. I do the same thing when I can.

Can anyone think how to machine down the diameter a 1/4inch on my 34 mm sway bar?

Just between the mounts. That is a great thought!

I heard most of the dual disk clutches we use now a days are based on a early 70s medium duty truck line.

Back