Hood Stack

Ya ya grammar spelling blah blah im a terrible person.

My question is... Why is it necessary to start a thread of "curiosity" on how to make a hood stack? I'm pretty sure the google machine explains it pretty well.

I'm pretty sure that when you google something like that, it pulls up other forums.

He got his answer in post #3....why are we even on page 3?

If anyone has a problem with the way this board functions, maybe you should make a post in the etiquette section and I'm sure everyone will support it LOL

Well thanks to the guys that simply answered my question without worrying what my intentions are. Yes, I think hood stacks look awesome! No, my truck isn't a pulling truck or a drag truck. It is my daily driver. Yes, I'd like to pull the street class EVENTUALLY. Yes, I think a hood stack would look really good on my truck, but its not really logical for a street truck. I will admit that I am young and don't know much about diesels, but that is why I asked a question, and why I am on this forum, SO I CAN LEARN. And yes I did google it before I posted this, but I could find what I was looking for.

One thing you should do, go over the the Diesel Power website and look through all the feature articles with the big trucks, they all have hood stacks and tons of hi res pics for you to figure all kinds of things out.

Another thing is don't be too honest on here... ie. don't say things like "a hood stack would look good on my truck". I understand you were just curious but that is like feeding the wolves on here. Just leave some things un said.

He got his answer in post #3....why are we even on page 3?

If anyone has a problem with the way this board functions, maybe you should make a post in the etiquette section and I'm sure everyone will support it LOL

This even thought its probally my fault.

Well thanks to the guys that simply answered my question without worrying what my intentions are. Yes, I think hood stacks look awesome! No, my truck isn't a pulling truck or a drag truck. It is my daily driver. Yes, I'd like to pull the street class EVENTUALLY. Yes, I think a hood stack would look really good on my truck, but its not really logical for a street truck. I will admit that I am young and don't know much about diesels, but that is why I asked a question, and why I am on this forum, SO I CAN LEARN. And yes I did google it before I posted this, but I could find what I was looking for.

Street class rules and hood stacks don't mix homie.

And most street classes state that a hood stack is no bueno.

*Street class pulling rules

They assume once you have a hoodie, you have the power behind it

This might give you an idea
981572_692773387418548_63253442_o.jpg

225933_357691374313437_205063095_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hood stack 101

Make piping coming off of turbo and decide under hood where you'd like to come out through.

null_zpsd3529fed.jpg

Here's a spot flat underhood
null_zps71cb4a95.jpg

Mark a hole and cut it out with a jigsaw with a bimetal blade

null_zpsbad75b39.jpg

null_zps660e59ac.jpg

Install the Hoodstack kit

null_zps29fa7e70.jpg

Well I just feel that there is more to the op's question is what I'm getting at. I'm thinking that in the end they are trying to discover how bad they have to butcher their good hood to make it work. As we all know though, assumptions are never good. I just feel that a lot of the retarded things if the diesel industry are making it into a forum that was relatively tard free.

All in all... Policing your own is what I'm getting at.
And for the record as most anybody knows on here, I don't have a drag truck, I don't have a pulling truck and I truly don't have anything worth talking about as far as competition goes. 99% of the people on this forum DD more horsepower and better trucks than I have. Do I really have any business on this website... Probably not, but I like the most of the people, have made several friends out of it, and I like the information.

go to cumminsforum ....tool

go to cumminsforum ....tool

I am fairly new here and do a whole bunch of reading and very little posting, BRE is in almost every thread I have read and you are the first to call him anything degrading or derogatory.

From what I can tell he is a stand up guy with knowledge to share and would help just about anybody he could.

IMHO. You just chit on your own pillow.

Back