Hot farm questions

RTK

Ok I know this a really old questions that's been asked a bunch,I am sorry but I haven't found the exact answer. Ok say if I buy a 1066 for a 9,500 lbs. hot farm and build it up will I have to completely gut the frame or add to it? In the future i will have a pulling tractor and it will be a hot farm because it's cheaper than the bigger classes. Will want to run the class max 20.8 cut tires and a roll cage for safety. What do the guys do that build their hot farms? For even more cost savings I'll probably just buy a hot farm that's has very good parts. My question is would I just have to add to the 1066 frame or get a pulling tube frame?

Hoosier state.I could be off on some of the rules but I think Indiana is 20.8

Last edited:
You should be fine running the 20.8 in the 10,000. The lighter classes have a smaller tire 18.4 i think. As far as chassis id think you would be ok with the factory one.

1466 IH

I saw this ad and it looks like it's an after market frame. I'd love to buy a hot farm similar to this but in the hot farm class.

the hot farms I'm used to are the same guys who run in farm stock. they gave them their own class in the hopes they'd stay out of farm stock.
that tractor looks more like a superfarm.

I've seen 540, but its best you call your sanctioning body's director and ask him.

Ok. I'd like a tractor that looks like a super farm or pro farm so if I move up a class the less I have to mess with. Thatsnwhy I'd like to buy one.

just build/buy for super farm then. you'll have more places to pull.

Is pro farm bigger or smaller? If the pro farm is smaller then I'd be happy with a smaller money pit!!

pull a farm stock for a season, you'll learn a lot. It will help you decide where you want to go from there.

Back