Hot farm questions

that's up to you, If you're on here trying to have someone justify your purchases then you're in the wrong spot.

No I'm not at all trying to do that. I'm just asking is pro farm bigger or smaller?

Pro farm is a step below super farm an a step above hot farm.
IMHO I would build either a lim pro or light pro. More power than super farms, more fun, more colour, less money.
I am helping a friend of mine build a 5010 to pull lim pro. 640ci., 4.1 turbo, limited to P pump.

Pro farm is a step below super farm an a step above hot farm.
IMHO I would build either a lim pro or light pro. More power than super farms, more fun, more colour, less money.
I am helping a friend of mine build a 5010 to pull lim pro. 640ci., 4.1 turbo, limited to P pump.

Definitely interested in seeing this tractor. Will he be pulling it in 2013? And if so, will it be in south western Ohio? I love the old iron!

thats awesome! Can you take some pics of building the tractor? how is lim. pro cheaper than hot/pro farm?

Can you pm me some pics of the tractor when it's getting built?

Sure. We are building frame rails now. His father just passed so it might take a little time till we get back at it.

I might have missed it, but where are you located? That would make a difference on what class to build for.

510 p-pump 3" turbo light frame 20.8's good water injection setup... In central Indiana you'll be pulling most with ppl, what used to be Indiana super farm pullers, and plenty of brush pulls.. Having a good charger and fuel system will be the key..

You are going to spend alot more money building a 4.1 limited pro engine than you will building a Super Farm engine. The best bang for your buck is to buy a Super Farm engine from someone that is moving up to 4.1 Limited Pro class.

As long as they still have altered farm, that is an easy and fairly cheap class to get in too.

If the you guys out west are anything like us, there are less hotstocks now due to the safety items needed but people don't wanna put them on because the tractor is still "stock".

So around here there are getting to be more pro farms, it very competitive with some color, and fun.

I plan to have a tractor next year but stuck on what to build. I do like the light pro class that was metioned earlier but we dont have it around here. So it will prolly be 8500lbs 466 3x4 which is really popular around here with alot of pulls. I wanted something with more power but to build a 640ci 4.1 takes some serious money. At this point the cost of a competitive 4.1 isnt much less than a prostock.

Last edited:
Back