Hot Rod Diesel Fuel

Careful with fuel mixing boys, because the day is coming, when the techs are going to dip yer fuel, and you will be watching from the stands, or worse, DQd, after you win.

You may as well add sparkplugs and turn it into a alky motor, which is about a 1/2 step away from a few of the V-8 "diesel' racers right now.

DIESEL means something.

Sledpuller said:
Careful with fuel mixing boys, because the day is coming, when the techs are going to dip yer fuel, and you will be watching from the stands, or worse, DQd, after you win.

You may as well add sparkplugs and turn it into a alky motor, which is about a 1/2 step away from a few of the V-8 "diesel' racers right now.

DIESEL means something.

I think your right on the mark sleddy "but" I want to be smoke free as well & I want to do anything possible to get there. Kinda like setroids in baseball.

John Robinson said:
I think your right on the mark sleddy "but" I want to be smoke free as well & I want to do anything possible to get there. Kinda like setroids in baseball.

I agree with John. I hate the "setroids" too. :hehe: Or was that "hemroids?"

Seriously, this fuel deal could be a tough one to police. Maybe we will need to just fuel them all with the same free stuff from a local supplier at all of the races? Hmmmmm.....

Some kid on DTR posted a 100+ hp gain with nitromethane and whatever additives they use on the RC motors dumped into the tank.

Hiding things in the fuel is being done and just about everyone knows it. To get the higher RPM people are looking for from a diesel it's a necessary thing to have if you plan to run above 5500 RPM and make good power and livable EGTS. It helps across the entire power band to increase the power! The only way to police it for the time being is to make everyone use fuel supplied at the track and seal the system up before racing begins. Fuel samples and the equipment to check the fuel completely are way out of the cost budget for most any of the diesel event promoters.

I think B20 should be used at all events. B20 will have a lower BTU but much higher Cetane, better for racing.

I have since come up with a update to this thread, a co. out of france, is sending us some diesel racing fuel, I`ll let you know how it works.

I have since come up with a update to this thread, a co. out of france, is sending us some diesel racing fuel, I`ll let you know how it works.

I reserved a dyno day later this month to test ULSD, B100, and Hiperfuel Syn Diesel.

If you could sell me a gallon of the that, I'd like to dyno it too. Is it the "ELF" fuel?

I just poured 5 gallons of Hiperfuel in my tank tonight. I waited till I was dang near empty, light on for 30 miles and when I couldn't stand it anymore, parked it and poured in the Hiperfuel. I'll let it sit overnight and blend in with whatever is left in the tank, then go out tomorrow, and see if I can notice anything.

Most racing fuels burn rate is different so you will need to change the tuning to take advantage of it. Just adding better fuel can hurt the power in a lot of cases, so do not be surprised if it doesn't help anything if you do not retune for it.

I'm the Dumb kid from DTR that added R/C car fuel Nitro/Methanol/Castor Oil/Klotz Synthetic Oil to about 5 gallons of diesel. The results were staggering!

I don't think we'll see testing of fuels for a long time. This ain't NAZCAR boys. It's drag racing, with a very weak payout structure. When hotrod diesel folks are racing for big money, then things may change.

You have to grow the sport and have enough competition before booting racers for running mixed fuel will make sense. Even then, if mixed fuels are good for the sport we'll see rules amended.

Back