Houston dealerships for WCM fix

BrianB

I rarely post but read the forums quite a bit. Recently after some work my truck is stopped/wont crank or start anymore, and it looks like the dodge security system has shut me down potentially due to the wireless control module/key. Through research it looks like this is a dealer only item to fix for proper synching of keys, WCM and ECM. I have a couple of questions:
1. Any recommendations on dealerships in Houston?
2. Anybody had to replace the WCM and what was the rough cost? Again in Houston would be great.
3. Is there any way to remove this feature that shuts the truck down? Is this an option in EFI live?

Appreciate the help,

Brian

2006 mega cab, 6.7 swap, studs, s467, steedspeed, efi live, marine injectors, passenger intake, passenger valve cover, intercooler with 3.5 inlet and 4" outlet, fully built 48, etc....

I appreciate any help.

Last edited:
If it were me I would make sure the wcm is not locked up. Unplug the IOD fuse for a min and reinstall it. If the wcm was locked up then it will run and start. See it a lot this time of year.

Gave that a try several times just in case. So far no luck. Also checked all the grounds, unplugged the battery to rest the ecm, changed the battery in the remote, checked all the fuses by pulling and looking and resetting them, checked the 2 wire connection to the wcm. I researched this for a week or so prior to the post. I have not put a voltage meter to the wires leading to the wcm since I am unsure how it works relative to voltage.

Keep the thoughts coming

Back