Houston Raceway Park ~ August 7th!!

What do you racers think about how we did the eliminations vs just taking the 2 fastest trucks and running them?

I liked it because everyone gets a chance but how about instead of pairing up fastest to slowest just draw numbers for the initial bracket. Idk. Yall dlra guys put your heads together and come up with something exciting. How about drivers putting money in a pot with a payout or something.

No matter how we race I'll still show up and be happy.

I'm not a huge fan of making a crap load of passes tho.

Maybe a king of the hill style where last months winner automatically makes the top 4 or something

The two fastest trucks thing will keep people from showing up IMO

But less trucks mean less work I gotta do being the tech official and all. Lol

Oh yea...
DLRA TECH RULE #1: NO LMM's

What do you racers think about how we did the eliminations vs just taking the 2 fastest trucks and running them?

It certainly keeps any truck potentially in the running. Brings RED light and R/T into all the elimination runs. This means that drag racing skills are part of the win and not only fastest truck. Probably mean more guys at least giving it a try and not just the 3 or 4 fastest.

The fastest trucks should still be in the finals, but as we all know anything can happen at the Tree.:bang LOL LOL

I liked it because everyone gets a chance but how about instead of pairing up fastest to slowest just draw numbers for the initial bracket. Idk. Yall dlra guys put your heads together and come up with something exciting. How about drivers putting money in a pot with a payout or something.

No matter how we race I'll still show up and be happy.

I'm not a huge fan of making a crap load of passes tho. That is understandable with an undependable truck:kick:

Maybe a king of the hill style where last months winner automatically makes the top 4 or something

The two fastest trucks thing will keep people from showing up IMO

But less trucks mean less work I gotta do being the tech official and all. Lol

Oh yea...
DLRA TECH RULE #1: NO LMM's <---:eek:

It certainly keeps any truck potentially in the running. Brings RED light and R/T into all the elimination runs. This means that drag racing skills are part of the win and not only fastest truck. Probably mean more guys at least giving it a try and not just the 3 or 4 fastest.

The fastest trucks should still be in the finals, but as we all know anything can happen at the Tree.:bang LOL LOL

all good points, More passes means more for the spectators to watch as well as more competition/passes for the drivers. We are looking into some other ideas that will include the non racers as well. We want everybody to feel welcome and be part of the race even if they are there just to show support.

How about a manual trans. Grudge run, be something to get more of us handshakers out there.

well if y'all are successful in getting 12-15+ trucks on the track each time you may want to consider a bracket race that would give everyone a chance to win.

After bracket completion take the 2 or 4 fastest ETs and line them up for head to head fastest champion. Only problem with that is might have to make 3 or 4 runs to win the bracket and 1 or 2 for the top emilinator/fastest.

But a bracket style competition would probably bring in more trucks. Then still have the head up fastest winner.

Wunderwood: DLRA PHOTOG!!!!

And John, I'm not sure if dlra and bracket racing go together

Damn that seemed like alot of fun! I am gonna try and make the next go round.

Congrats to Stelly!!

Wunderwood: DLRA PHOTOG!!

And John, I'm not sure if dlra and bracket racing go together

Yea I understand the dlra may be opposed to or uhh unable to manage bracket racing. LOL

Without something that gives most trucks an opportunity to win, you will wind up with the same 2 or 3 every month. Although still entertaining you might not sustain or increase attendance and participation on the track.

Just have to wait and see how the next month attendance and participation is. After that the DLRA Founder, President and CEO will have some hard decisions to make. My guess is that he will shake things up by forming two classes, one for Ford PowerStrokes and one for everything else. That way he can ensure a Ford winner finally. :kick:

LOL LOL LOL

I heard this last week from a diesel race promoter in attendance last Friday " I aint gonna have trucks running around with times on the window " that's not an exact quote but pretty dang close.

Bracket racing aint happenen on my watch.......thats for Credit Union people in Alabama an such.

Back