how big of a lift to fit 37s

homer97cummins

Im thinking about putting 37 13.5 18s on my truck and was wondering how big of a lift i would have to put on it. its a 97 i have a 4.5 inch rough country lift in the shed and was wondering if that would be big enough or if i would have to go bigger. Also i was wondering if you could maybe change the 4.5inch spacer in that kit to a 6 inch spacer in the front?

With the right backspaced wheel you can run them, I have the skyjacker 4.5 and run 37x13.50's with no rubbing, mine is all spring though. I had 1inch coil spacers on for a while but removed them.

depending on the backspace of the wheels and how long the control arms are you might be able to fit the 37's on the 4.5.....but if not obviously sell that then buy a 6er

If you can't fit them with the lift as-is you can add some length to the control arms to give more fender ckearance. There is a guy that used to be on here that was running 37's on a 2" spacer with 1.25" longer control arms. I am doing a 3" spacer and longer control arms to fit 37's when my 35's wear out.

2" forward control arms and a leveling kit will clears 37's... But that's with a "pre runner" style bumper...

ive run 37's on skyjacker 2.5" springs and control arms from a 4.5 inch lift didnt rub at all, and i had 5.25" back spacing. id say it all depends on the control arms used.

my buddy is running 3rd gen arms on his second gen, no clearance issues with 37x12.50 on 3rd gen stock wheels

Back