How bout some power??

powerstroke8994

Well guys i dont own a older VE pump truckbut today i worked on 2 of them. Both where 93 intercooled trucks. I turned the star wheel up 1.5 turns, repositioned the accelerator linkage, turned the fuel pin 90 degrees so i had the steeper side,and turned the screw till flush with the nut on the AFC hosuing plate. Question is that i wasnt impressed with how much it did. Yeah it smoked a little bit on low rpm and did make bout 4psi more boost but what else can i do? I was thinking maybe adding a airdog150 and a set of injectors. He doesnt need a higherrpm either. They are both autos if that helps. Im not too familir with these older rotary pumps so icould use a little help.

did you adjust the fuel/full power screw? thats where the fun begins. i wouldnt recomend tuning this without an egt tho.

It's the screw that's in focus in the picture.

0803dp_07_z+1989_dodge_ram+old_fuel_screw_location.jpg

There is a tamper-proof collar you'll have to break off to turn in the screw past about 3/4 of a turn, but you should see at least 50hp extra. Be careful to not turn it in too far or else the engine will run away.

yeah the truck will come alive after turning the full power screw up.

and it'll run as good as a P motor

Back