How can I snug up my exhaust????

nummit

I'm sorry but my MBRP exhaust fits like crap!
The round stock MBRP used for the hanger is smaller than what Ford uses, so the entire exhaust floats inside the rubber part of the exhaust hanger. I can grab the exhaust tip and push the entire exhaust about 3" in any direction because the hole in the rubber is just too big to fit snugly on the smaller diameter hanger.
Anyone got any idea on how I can fix this problem? Am I the only one with this concern?
A wobbly exhaust just screams tard :hehe:

I have the same exhaust and yes the hangers are smaller but mine doesnt move much at all besides the tip touching the fender if I hit a huge bump,

but if your worried about the hangers being tight mark them with the exhaust on the truck where you want it to stay and take the exhaust off and weld a ring around the hanger part to keep it from being able to slide, and put it back on

I had that same issue when I ran a MBRP system. What I did was put a washer on the outside of the shaft coming through the rubber and then used a small radiator clamp and tightened it on the shaft. It held perfect, never rattled a bit and was small enough that it wasn't noticeable.

I welded mine together, and it doesnt move too much at all anymore. Just making it one solid piece of pipe made a world of difference on my truck. Mine USED to do the same thing.

Do the Cool Duals come with the rubber hangers for the drivers side?

Yip, but they pull against each other, and snug up nice.

I will give MBRP a call. I wonder if their rubbers fit their hangers better than the factory rubbers.
How lame is it to go through all the trouble of designing and manufacturing an exhaust, then use a smaller diameter hanger which makes a perfectly good exhaust fit like crap? IMO, that's just cheap:bang

Just run straight downpipe. Only one pipe to worry bout then! LOL

Hmmm..you could be on to something LOL

Buddy buddy buddy....your going about this all wrong. Go to closet and get two metal ctothes hangers, put them together for length. From the drivers side frame rail hook it to the exhaust and pull it over. Done.

My Cool duals didn't come with hardware to mount the drivers side exhaust. Had to fab stuff to hang it. Emails were never returned.

Mine was back when it was DPPI, straight from Mark Craig. Went off without a snag.

Back