How common is breaking the 100psi mark?

angelic0-

Just wondering about this, as i saw a boost spike of 100psi last month, following a blown headgasket :)

How many Cummins trucks in total have seen 100psi ??

I'm sure lots of compound setups. Are you trying to find out how to hold 100psi, or just curious how many have?

Just curious how many have :)

Read somewhere that less than 20 people worldwide have gone 100psi or more...

I'd bet all the big pullers here have seen 100psi, and all the compound setups that actually race for points/money.

Boost pressure isn't a goal, it's a side effect.

I did it on a twinned street truck years ago. The setup wasn't very fancy so I'd say it's not that hard to do. Super stock guys have blown their intake runners off the head at 200psi.

Was it disturbed or chris watson that said they had an engine that ran at 150psi for a while?

I could get 95 out of my pos vp truck before I put the cam in so 100 can't be that rare.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

was going to say i have seen 104 on my setup and its a measly 62 over 75. its now set at 75psi but if i drive the top turbo as hard as possible, 100psi is not hard to do. but like ron said, boost is not a goal, its a by product.

Speaking with haisley a few yes ago. They told me they can push out 150-160 psi, and work
But they aim for lower around 110-130psi because parts last much longer, and other areas could be addressed to make up for it.

Ron, is def correct. I believe that too..

My setup is built on a budget....

Thought i had something special :)

At least i was the first one to go 100psi in Iceland ;)

We have been at the 150psi mark. Just to give you an idea, we are at only 90psi now with the same turbo setup. Thats how much restriction can be lost with the right head and cam.

We have been at the 150psi mark. Just to give you an idea, we are at only 90psi now with the same turbo setup. Thats how much restriction can be lost with the right head and cam.

My setup is a lot less intense than yours but I still dropped over 15 psi with just an h2 and bd intercooler, I did them at the same time do I can't say which did the most.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I use to hit 100psi fairly often when I first started running it. Now, it's a lot faster on 80psi.

Back