How did you guys

Extended Power

fix the problem with the boost tube hitting the filter/battery tray when installing an AFE stage 2 XP on a truck that has a Banks intercooler on it?

The corner is rubbing on the boost tube, and I'm sure, with my luck, I will be about 1000 miles from home when it rubs through...

I was thinking of grinding the corner down and painting it...what have others done?

I just put a banks IC in my truck and I did not have any issues. We cut the one part of the battery tray onjt he passenger side, but everything went together on the cold side. However I did remove the coolant overflow bottle completly.

I just shimmed the battery tray up about 1/2" and all was well.

my cfm large mouth hits my intake..i just smashed that thing right in there :hehe:

with the Banks shim that came with the banks ic, it gave me room. So i'd recommend shimming your battery tray up 1/2". When I had the CFM+ bigmouth kit (that 03f250stroke owns now- thanks ev haha) I just cut out my AFE box to make room and put some aluminum on it. Now I'm passed that. I just took the whole AFE box out and am running a filter only.

I did use the shim that Banks sent with the intercooler, but the boost tube rubs a little bit right at the 45* angle of the filter housing, on the bottom. I just ground a bit off, and painted it.

Back