How is this guy unlocking XRT Pros?

Dieseltechtx

I own a diesel performance shop, and all of us local shops deal with on guy mainly for tuners and dpf deletes. He uses XRT Pros and Mini Maxs and bring his lap top, best I can tell he tunes it with the tuner, then sitting there uses his laptop to unlock it again. He has gotten increasingly paranoid and now when he does them requires a sectioned off area just to himself while he is there. He doesn't seem too terribly smart or anything, anyone heard of anyone doing something similar?

Just curious because lately he has also started to kind of hustle shops, telling them they have to give him the dpfs / exhaust off of the vehicles and **** if he is going to tune them (He does the tunes for 50% of the price)

Sounds like a scammer that needs to be turned into H&S.

Can I be the first to ask what his name is?

I'm sure it isn't that hard if you take the time to decipher the software. I wonder if he is running a fake ECM on a virtual machine. Once he programs the truck, he sets the virtual ECM to the same VIN then connects to it and unlocks it. Sound like it would work, but you'd have to have figured out how to rip the ECM software from a truck and run it virtually. I'm not computer smart....so take that with a grain of salt.

Is he leaving the tuner in the truck? If he doesn't, it will stayed tuned but default to "stock" power level. At least I know it does with the MM.

Last edited:
I am wondering if he downloads the ECM with the H&S, and then uploads the modded ECM file to his Laptop. Then plugs in the H&S and returns it to stock. Then reflashes the ECM with the laptop.

I am wondering if he downloads the ECM with the H&S, and then uploads the modded ECM file to his Laptop. Then plugs in the H&S and returns it to stock. Then reflashes the ECM with the laptop.

Could be, but if he doesn't buy a tuner and leave it in the truck....he will never see PL 1, 2, or 3....just 0. Confused. :( But I only know the Dodge junk.....no idea how the Ferd reacts.

Sounds like a scammer that needs to be turned into H&S.

Can I be the first to ask what his name is?

I'm sure it isn't that hard if you take the time to decipher the software. I wonder if he is running a fake ECM on a virtual machine. Once he programs the truck, he sets the virtual ECM to the same VIN then connects to it and unlocks it. Sound like it would work, but you'd have to have figured out how to rip the ECM software from a truck and run it virtually. I'm not computer smart....so take that with a grain of salt.

Is he leaving the tuner in the truck? If he doesn't, it will stayed tuned but default to "stock" power level. At least I know it does with the MM.

He goes by Gunner not looking to get him locked up or anything. But nah I have been dealing with him for about 3 years, it's the real tune, he just takes it with him because he unlocks it again after its use. He also wholesales legitament tuners, if we have a customer who wants the tuner he sells us a regular one (Buys XRT Pros by the pallet from Canada, serious I've seen one of his storage lockers) But anyone dealing in volume where we don't need the tuner or we need just a DPF delete he is the go to guy.

Doesn't that come stock? Been reading up on it and pretty sure you can do it with a mini maxx straight from the manufacturer

used to be able to, EPA went after H&S and they are no longer making "race tuners" that turn off emissions equipment

Sounds like to me if I had a guy doing DPF Deletes for me a a resealable price. I'd shut my mouth and sell the sh!t out of it.

Just curious because lately he has also started to kind of hustle shops, telling them they have to give him the dpfs / exhaust off of the vehicles and **** if he is going to tune them (He does the tunes for 50% of the price)

Sounds like to me if I had a guy doing DPF Deletes for me a a resealable price. I'd shut my mouth and sell the sh!t out of it.

very true, but id also be slightly bothered by the red part also

very true, but id also be slightly bothered by the red part also

This is exactly why I have kept my mouth shut for 3-4 years. But I've seen this kind of behavior before and it's just going to turn into a hustle. I might drop him and just start selling legit, but I know for my fleet customers which is what I primarily deal in, the loss of the DPF delete price is going to be a hard pill to swallow and they might look elsewhere. Which is why I wanted to know how it's done.

Most companys who still do this stay off the forums so they dont screw it up for everyone else.

Most companys who still do this stay off the forums so they dont screw it up for everyone else.

Why did you even bother asking me for the guys name and everything? Anyways I don't mind doing business with someone, but I do mind getting hustled. Prob just going to do it legit and not deal with him

Appreciate the replies/pms trying to help figure out how it's done, see you all around some time

Why did you even bother asking me for the guys name and everything?

We ask because we are a pretty close knit group here, and we try to look out for each other when we can. We don't want to see anyone that is a member getting bent over. We take it pretty serious. On the flip side, I have some good friends at H&S too. The more they get screwed over, the high the price for stuff the honest people want to buy escalates. If folks pay the retail price, the overhead and engineering of the product get paid for more quickly. Once a product is pure profit and the demand for it goes up, the price should drop. If they aren't selling any product because of the black market, and don't make money, they'll drop it.....then you will see tuners go from $600 to $1800 like the last batch of race tuners due to the EPA bullshidt. Granted, my tuner isn't exactly "off the shelf," so you might find me slightly hypocritical, but then again, it was for my truck only and not for profit. I am also not going to do it to any other trucks and sending them on their way with no way to contact H&S for tech support since I would assume the products he sells aren't licensed to the customers per name and VIN. That is an assumption.

Since you are new to the forum, just remember to choose your post wisely. There a lot of really smart folks here and it will get picked apart. Had you posted, "someone is hustling me for stuff. What should I do," you would have a whole different set of replies.

And if you think anything you post here won't get back to a person you post them about....you are probably wrong. I have no idea who the guys and I won't go looking for info, but you never know if his best friend is a member or not. $.02

Last edited:
Back