How many 800+ VP trucks are out there?

MD-LUCKY

Difficult To Pronounce...
Just like the title says..

Spray, no spray, whatever..

How many would you say? Many, or a very small handfull?

i really dont think there is too many of them

My thoughts exactly.

I made the comment "I'm betting it would take less than two hands to count them" and had a few people act like I was smoking dope or something.

Thanks everyone.

My thoughts exactly.

I made the comment "I'm betting it would take less than two hands to count them" and had a few people act like I was smoking dope or something.

Thanks everyone.

Where did you say said statement?

One dyno is different from another. Ive seen a truck do close to 800hp on one dyno then get on dunbars dyno and only do like 660hp.

I hope to have a dyno sheet that shows 800 the next time I dyno but there definitely aren't many out there running around.

kjpcummins is dead on--the dyno # is only good for that day on that dyno to be honest---I can only recall two trucks---jetpilot(812 I think) back in '03 or '04 or maybe it was '05 or '06 and Adam Winslett(1000+) a couple of yrs ago who've broken the 800hp line, but again that's on that dyno that day--although Adam has eclipsed 800 a few times on the same dyno I believe---both with lot's of giggle gas....I'm about to slap on the monster pump and either the redline or edge and get my wastegate plumbed to go see what it will do, but I'm trying to sell the monster, but with nothing happening on that front I'm getting ansy....chris

I was hoping to dyno tomorrow but he can't. Should know by next week how big of difference it is. Probably not 800hp but I am hoping to be 700+ on the bottle but who knows. They dyno that I run on has a hard time getting it to load enough but hopefully a huge shot will put it up there

I know Gus has done it and Adam Winslett but are they there now? I know a guy here in texas that did just shy of 9 (I think 88* something) but his is almost back to stock now. I think the majority of people that do it don't stay there very long.

Gus was in the 850ish range on fuel. There were some suspicions on his dyno though. Running a monster and twins.

Adam Winslett was around the same from what I remember. He sprayed to 1000.

I know one member on here is around 800 from his ET.

When I talked to monster pump mike, he told me the pump had the fuel to do 1000hp. Winslet proved that, its just a matter of feeding the proper amount of air to it. From some sources, some very big VP's are coming.

Purely from my speculation, the issue is getting big enough turbo's lit in the narrow RPM band of the VP's.

There was a guy at the nhrda in ennis that had a extended cab long bed i think that appeared to have around a 35 tire that ran 11.4's. Then 24vcummins98 has ran a 10.6

Gus was in the 850ish range on fuel. There were some suspicions on his dyno though. Running a monster and twins.

Adam Winslett was around the same from what I remember. He sprayed to 1000.

I know one member on here is around 800 from his ET.

When I talked to monster pump mike, he told me the pump had the fuel to do 1000hp. Winslet proved that, its just a matter of feeding the proper amount of air to it. From some sources, some very big VP's are coming.

Purely from my speculation, the issue is getting big enough turbo's lit in the narrow RPM band of the VP's.

From what I heard Adam Winslett was between 600 and 650 on fuel when he broke 1000. I don't know this for a fact but that is what I have heard. I believe he was running a lightning vp from Schied.

Winsletts truck makes I think 740 or so on the motor.I know ran like an 11.80 with a 1.9 60 foot at like 116. Im going off memory so dont qoute me. His truck is apart about to get a new motor. He had a droped valve seat and craked pistons and a few other problems.

Mr Chris Sutton, Lets get your chit in gear! Im not going to quit bugging you.

yea I know--just need to put the monster on & a box on it and get the wastegate plumbed and tuned and it's ready---

(had to edit as I forgot I the monster pump needs to go on)

Last edited:
Back