How much HP are the 6.7 making?

TJSHOTROD

I have been out of the loop a couple years and was thinking about a new truck but I was wonder how the new 6.7 is do for hp and staying alive when modded? How much hp are people making?

one billion horsepressures.

Mine did what it did in my signature with a single S466 and a single 11.6mm CP3

Short story, they're badazz. Tough, make good power, and can spool massive single chargers on the street.

Long story, there are issues at higher hp levels according to a few who have ventured there.

Long story, there are issues at higher hp levels according to a few who have ventured there.

Your definition of higher is different from most peoples. Haha.

And I think there have always been issues with newer engines at extreme HP levels, it just takes time to iron them out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have been out of the loop a couple years and was thinking about a new truck but I was wonder how the new 6.7 is do for hp and staying alive when modded? How much hp are people making?

700-800hp and 1600-1700 ft/lb with a stock bottom end. Anything higher and I think you're asking for rod failures.

Any major differents from the early 6.7's and the 2012. I really like the new 4gens

like they said rods are the week point, after 750 I would be concernd, but they will spool a massive charger on the street no problem!

Unfortunately I just talked to a gentleman in Nebraska that put one together and cracked the block tuning it on the engine dyno. Replaced the block and did it again, repeated process the 3rd time and gave up. Tried a 5.9 crank in the 6.7 block and had the same problem. All north of 1100hp. Not the stuff you want to hear when you just finished building one:rockwoot:.

Unfortunately I just talked to a gentleman in Nebraska that put one together and cracked the block tuning it on the engine dyno. Replaced the block and did it again, repeated process the 3rd time and gave up. Tried a 5.9 crank in the 6.7 block and had the same problem. All north of 1100hp. Not the stuff you want to hear when you just finished building one:rockwoot:.

Yep, lots of the 6.7 blocks seem to fail.

Was he running a deck plate? Just curious.

Saw a guy on the rollers a couple weeks ago. 5xxhp and 13xxft lbs of torque. I like the 6.7L straight piped sound. Deep and throaty.

Back