how much HP do i need

blackbetty62

I have been pulling in the stock class for a year now and i am looking to jump to hot street, i am wondering how much H.P. should i been looking for to compete.

Is that a 2.6 class or 2.8? I'd say either one and you'll be ok with 600-750hp. Seen a few trucks this year get out and win the 2.6 class with only 550hp. More of how your truck is set up but big hp never hurts.

i have a smarty, a south bend 3600 dd clutch, and a air dog 150. I ordered a industrial engineering modified CP3, 90 hp injectors, and a silver 62. Now I am worried I didn't go big enough and will need more. I am not sure how it works out 2.8 or 2.6 have never been involved with those types of classifications

Personally I would cancel that Industrial Injection CP3 and either wait and see how other poeple like it first (If your talking about the new one) or sned it back and give John a call at floor it diesel. Sounds like your going the right way I would get valve springs so you can run the extra Rpms the smarty has to offer. 2.8 is a 71mm and 2.6 is 66mm. I would go with a bigger turbo also unless your running the 2.5 class. then i would go with a 64mm. I run the SPS66 and like it and my brother runs the silver bullet both good turbos.

valve springs

Yes good springs are a must. Higher rpms and higher boost/drive pressures will give the stock springs a beating and possibley smacking the tops of your pistons if taken to far. I've had great results with the Maxspool springs from Greg Hogue. (comp461) is his user name on this forum.

Some pictures below. Good luck!!

Attachments

• dbl springs.jpg
    dbl springs.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 28
  • maxspool springs.jpg
    maxspool springs.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 16
  • ti retainers.jpg
    ti retainers.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 18
money had something to do with not going with duals and cody from II felt like this would be a good the best setup for what i was doing.

Back