how much Invested?

btwrangler

keepin an eye out for GDL
im a dodge guy born and rised but i like to be diferent all my buddies got dodges and i kinda like the 02 Lb7's the reason i dont like dmax's is becuase i hear they have aluminum parts and they are espensive to mod, so im wondering what price range would i be lookn at if i wantd about 600-650 hp im not sayn id ver rech that goal but hey a man can dream

your wallet will be on a diet for a honest 650hp to the ground,engine tranny etc. I feel we are close to those numbers with the juice.

with an LB7 the motor would need rods/coated pistons. Also a big turbo or twins & CP3's. Full transmission and supporting mods. I don't have a good estimate. 5k for a trans and probably 10 for a moderate build on the motor ?Maybe someone who's actually footed the bill will chime in and be able to tell you better.

for 600-650 i dont think pistons and rods are a must have.we made 750 on dmaxes for years before after market rods were ever available.do you want the power fuel only or with nos,tranny is gonna be 5grand plus.tuning will run 750-1000,nos kit with launcher would be 1000 or if you go turbo im not exactly sure guess 2000 or a bit more.fuel pump 150 bucks cold air intake 250 gauges 200-300 should get you there...

I don't think an LB7 rod will last long at all @ 650. A little while yes, long-no.
Only reason I said coated pistons is might as well while it's apart.

all for coating pistons and rods are a great idea,but i still feel safe with 650 on stock rods.its not like in a 650 hp setup that one uses all the hp all the time...

im not real shure i dnt no a whole lot about dmax i just no there pricey

500-550 is doable on a budget, but 600-650 is expensive. 500-550 is good for mid 12's in a 6800lb truck, IMO thats all you need in a street truck. My buddies 04 LB7 has studs and gaskets on a stock motor with an A5K and LBZ CP3 it made 587 on a Mustang dyno and went 12.40's.

Knowing what I know now, I would have spent the money I have in my Duramax on a 12v P-pump truck!!!!!

I have atleast 650hp and this is what my truck has

2003 Chevy Silverado LT ECSB LB7 DURAMAX

Suncoast IV, 1058 TC, EFI LIVE, BD supermax Turbo, Bd Manifold, BD downpipe, 4inch straight pipe, Dynomite 75hp Injector nozzles, Banks intake, Airdog 150, Gauges (EGT, Fuel pressure, Boost) Robby Gordon MX6R Procomp lift, Traction bars, 37 inch Mud grapplers on 20 inch KMC monsters, Stepside bed, tinted tails.

Tranny was $4000, Turbo, pedastal, downpipe, and manifold was $2500, Lift pump $500, EFI LIVE $1000 but you can get someone to tune it for cheaper, exhaust $350, intake $350, injector nozzles $800.

If my math is correct thats 9500$ and my truck runs 12s and makes atleast 650hp. 700-750hp being beat on daily I would recommend rods but right now my truck is reliable and fast.

Suncoast IV, 1058 TC, EFI LIVE, BD supermax Turbo, Bd Manifold, BD downpipe, 4inch straight pipe, Dynomite 75hp Injector nozzles, Banks intake, Airdog 150, Gauges (EGT, Fuel pressure, Boost) Robby Gordon MX6R Procomp lift, Traction bars, 37 inch Mud grapplers on 20 inch KMC monsters, Stepside bed, tinted tails.

Tranny was $4000, Turbo, pedastal, downpipe, and manifold was $2500, Lift pump $500, EFI LIVE $1000 but you can get someone to tune it for cheaper, exhaust $350, intake $350, injector nozzles $800.

If my math is correct thats 9500$ and my truck runs 12s and makes atleast 650hp. 700-750hp being beat on daily I would recommend rods but right now my truck is reliable and fast.

How long has this truck been in this form? How much boost? Who's tuning? All these are variables of longevity. Along with the quality of parts from the manufacturer which seems to vary.

What do you have for a cp3?

so your injectors tips make 100 more hp. because i have almost same setup without tips and i am around 525hp. and mine is reliable because its been that way for over a year with around 50000miles. my truck is my office.

Stock CP3 soon to be LBZ

so your injectors tips make 100 more hp. because i have almost same setup without tips and i am around 525hp. and mine is reliable because its been that way for over a year with around 50000miles. my truck is my office.

I doubt they make that much more HP considering they are "75" hp nozzles. Do you have an airdog? bd manifold? what turbo? 525hp is borderline what lb7with stock turbo can make. I know of a few llys and lbzs that are making 535hp on stock turbo.

Not really fair to put HP numbers on the sticks, it's more about flow increase %. And for 650~hp, save the money. Dmax will do 700+ on stock injectors with good tuning.

Stock CP3 soon to be LBZ

I doubt they make that much more HP considering they are "75" hp nozzles. Do you have an airdog? bd manifold? what turbo? 525hp is borderline what lb7with stock turbo can make. I know of a few llys and lbzs that are making 535hp on stock turbo.

Your cp3 is your current roadblock. Most likely is nowhere near 650 hp. I've been where you are at now, 550 would be a very impressive number with your mods. Nick is a great tuner, he will always get you the most power and still be safe.

Ya I know it is besides duals or the lbz pump is there any other options for cp3s? I can still blow ALOT of smoke so I am pretty sure my CP3. Is not lacking but I am no where near a deisel genius. I see guys with 500hp on stock turbo. I don't have a stock turbo.

Ya I know it is besides duals or the lbz pump is there any other options for cp3s? I can still blow ALOT of smoke so I am pretty sure my CP3. Is not lacking but I am no where near a deisel genius. I see guys with 500hp on stock turbo. I don't have a stock turbo.

With a stock cp3, I would think that your BD supermax turbo would clean up some of your smoke. Do you smoke alot from idle to top end, or just at the low end? Fuel supply and programming determine the amount of smoke for a particular turbo set up. My setup smokes on take off, then as RPM's built the smoke gets a bit cleaner. BD claims that the super max is good up to 550hp. Optimum performance is not any one component, its a system where as all of the components need to work together. That in turn makes your engine happy, and tends to last longer.

Back