How much is too much for a 64/14??

oldsmokey97

Well i ordered me some laser cut dv's from Scheid and was just wondering how much boost can a 64 make without drive pressure going through the roof?? Also, at what point does this turbo get out of its effictiency rage to where it is pushing hot air like a hx35 @ 45psi???

Lance

Depends on which 64 your talking about. Whatever brand you get, make sure it has the 71mm turbine wheel. This will be efficient up to around 50psi.

well right now i have the plain ole 64/14 i am about to send in my 64 and get it upgraded to a 66 with the 71mm wheel.

what i asked was..................... with MY 64/14...... how much fuel/boost can it take before it is out of its effeciency range with excessive drive pressures.

Lance

also..... forgot to mention that i hit around 55psi at WOT with the 64/14 i got now.

Lance

Lance don't forget to buy a stainless exhast housing, you wont regreat it.

oldsmokey97 said:
well right now i have the plain ole 64/14 i am about to send in my 64 and get it upgraded to a 66 with the 71mm wheel.

what i asked was..................... with MY 64/14...... how much fuel/boost can it take before it is out of its effeciency range with excessive drive pressures.

Lance

Drive pressure will be through the roof with anything above 45.

trapper, how do you like the new charger over the 64?
spool up?
power increase?
smoke?

thanks

if i were to lower my boost pressures by adjusting the wastegate, and lower drive pressures, will this yeild me more horsepower.

I just think that drive pressures are getting the best of me heat and powerwise.

Is there any other way that i could keep drive pressures down while still running the whole 55 psi with this 64/14??? external wastgate?

Lance

Ported housing

You could port out the wastegate passages. Also have II or HTT send you the half inch spacer for the housing cover which alows the wastegate to open significantly farther.
Luke
First post :rockwoot: Hi everybody!

Back