How Not to go racing, Part 2

Gollonbait

6.0 Money Pit
This was not the weekend for Fords.:kick:

Today, the weather was perfect. Had the truck loaded up and began the 4 hour drive to the track.

About 1 hour out, had a wheel break on the trailer. And NO spare. Couldn't find one anywhere close, ended up getting one from home. :bang :bang :bang

By the time we got it fixed, it was too late to proceed.

I'm just disguested. :Throwup: :Throwup: :Throwup: :Throwup:

Took the truck for a few street runs last night, and with the new Looney file DJ spent so much time with, I was sure we'd see a 10.xx. (BTW, thanks for the effort DJ & Viv:bow: )

That's racing.

BTW, Gene, I feel your pain. We'll get 'em.:Cheer:

DSCN0324_Small_.JPG

DSCN0322_Small_.JPG

Talk about bad luck with the Fords , how the heck did the wheel break ??

We are going to have high winds tomorrow so the track will will more than likely close again.

6 hours with a pressure washer helps alot :woohoo:

Those wheels are junk. Last time out, blew the tire on that wheel, so it must have cracked, but we didn't catch it. ?????? I'm quite positive I didn't hit anything.

I've been jinxed with trailer problems. Almost every time I go.:bang

If it wasn't so far, I'd be better off driving the truck to the track.LOL

Looks like I'll have to stop being so cheap, and invest some $$$ on a real trailer.

This wouldn't be as painful, but the truck is just plain running FAST.:rockwoot: Amazing what a transmission and a few little items will make.:ft:

:pop:
:pop:

Take yer trailer to a trailer repair shop, have em rewire the whole thing (lights to brakes) with new wiring, have the brakes adjusted, and hubs redone. And get TRUCK tires. NOT trailer tires. Trailer tires are the biggest POS. Then (depending on how much you use the trailer Obviously lots) have the brakes re adjusted every so often. A reputable trailer shop will tell ya how often. And have the bearing repacked once a year. That trailer should last a LONG LONG time if its takin care of.

Sorry to hear bout yer problems. It was probably for the better that u just couldnt make it, ya never know. But yer home safe and sound to race another day, thats all that matters. :rockwoot:

I just got my pro street truck back, and drove it an hour to the track. Got a lot of attention, but I blew an intercooler boot the first pass and it jumped timing. Rowen here on the forum tried to help me out, and gave me a boot. The timing was too far off to drive it. A guy at the track said he liked the truck, and he'd take it home on his rollback.. Didn't get in until almost 5 this morning..

Morse said:
I just got my pro street truck back, and drove it an hour to the track. Got a lot of attention, but I blew an intercooler boot the first pass and it jumped timing. Rowen here on the forum tried to help me out, and gave me a boot. The timing was too far off to drive it. A guy at the track said he liked the truck, and he'd take it home on his rollback.. Didn't get in until almost 5 this morning..
so what did you learn from all this..never leave him with out your trailerLOL

Brad, have ya had a chance to look at the timing yet?? I got home around 2am, fell in bed and died. My best last night was a 12.3 @ 108mph:woohoo: , but I gotta say I was expecting a little more. I think I will have to get "THE" Jeff Garmon to set back in my seat. :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: Glad to see ya made it home, and don't forget my boot. Gary

Cowboy_Customs said:
Take yer trailer to a trailer repair shop, have em rewire the whole thing (lights to brakes) with new wiring, have the brakes adjusted, and hubs redone. And get TRUCK tires. NOT trailer tires. Trailer tires are the biggest POS. Then (depending on how much you use the trailer Obviously lots) have the brakes re adjusted every so often. A reputable trailer shop will tell ya how often. And have the bearing repacked once a year. That trailer should last a LONG LONG time if its takin care of.

Sorry to hear bout yer problems. It was probably for the better that u just couldnt make it, ya never know. But yer home safe and sound to race another day, thats all that matters. :rockwoot:

Thanks.

Did that. All new wiring. New HEAVIER axles and springs, brakes, fenders etc. The tires are truck tires, but the wheels are some old aluminums that I had laying around. The only non new part was the weak link. Going with steel wheels tomorrow.

Bummer. Going for 10.xxx... what's the fastest it's ran so far?

PS did you put the shocks back on?

Well its good to see yer on top of things then! I dont trust the older alum. wheels too much, and have seen em break apart like that before too.

Hey there Gary.. I thought you said you went by Rowen.. Sorry bout that. I haven't looked at it yet. I didn't get home until just a few minutes before 5 am. I'll probably be calling you later.. I won't forget the boot, and thanks again for the help..
Until I make a full pass under power, I'm not driving that far again. It's going in the trailer.. =)

duke1n said:
Bummer. Going for 10.xxx... what's the fastest it's ran so far?

PS did you put the shocks back on?

The shocks have never been off.:poke:

Was that your first or last thought lol?

So what's the fastest that buggy has ran, Gallon?

yeah, what's the fastest time? Wondered if we were ever gonna see a Ford hit the 10's. It'd be nice, I would love to see all three battling it out hard this year.

Back