How often should my truck to into regen?

morkable

Just Over Broke
2012 6.7 3500 DRW. It has gone into regen at least 4 times already, and I only have 4500 KMs on it.. (about 3000 miles) This seems a bit excessive to me

hardly at all, I am kind of a Nazi about idleing. The small amount of idleing it might get would be sitting in traffic, but I don't even get a lot of that as I mostly drive freeways

how many mile a day do you normaly put on it? alot of short trips can cause more than normal regens.

Are you towing with it? My truck use to smoke the rubbers on the exhaust mounts when I was towing through hilly stuff because it would regen so often.

I put a minimum of 140 Km per day on (about 80 Miles) I have towed about a 1000 miles so far the rest was empty.

Sounds right. I was regening about that much on my 10 until I deleted it.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD

My truck regens alot if your idling or running around town but if your loaded and on the highway hardly ever. Seems the harder you run it the less it regens. Now the 6.4 ford is the exact opposite.

I did a lot of towing this weekend. Hauling heavy loaded sheds from the farm. In about 1000 miles of towing it went in to regen 2 or 3 times.... I am just in a quandary, I want to delete it, but I also want to keep warranty,,,,

If you have no codes it's time to latch a load to it and head down the highway a ways. Stop and go traffic is another huge killer of the DPF system. If in fact it still has a warranty then I would take it to them to fix any DPF issues. If you lived in Calgary I could steer to a decent shop that would help you out.

Another thing I would check is just how full the system is because once it gets to 80 or 90% then you have no choice but to take it in.

That's the thing, this truck has had a trailer behind it as much as it hasn't. It gets highway driving every day. And it rarely ever hides

Then it's time for a test run with a scanner attached.

I hardly drive my truck with out a Trailor and with my tools, fuel tank, n boxes full of crap it weighs 12,200 without me n it. Add my goose neck n we are at 20,000 lbs. I have at the dpf filter changed or clean several times and had to have it repaired a few times. At 320,000 miles we deleted it and run a small box to turn the dash lights off. I am going down to Houston sometime after we get our crop out to get efi live put on it.

Well, got it into the dealer today, they told me that my truck was doing everything as it is supposed to. Man, it is ridiculous how often it goes into regen

If no codes why worry? This is probably the reason they don't tell you when the truck is in regen from the factory. Now if you are getting dpf is xx% full then that's an issue.

cause it really burns the fuel while in regen, and cuts power 4 times to fort mac and back

My 6.7 power stroke would regen at least once every tank of fuel. Sometimes 2-3 times. It never cut power or hurt the mileage though.

Back