How to do Duals on a Rockwell???

Yellow Jacket

Who makes spacers to put duals on a 106 or 170 with the 6 bolt pattern???

Im thinking of buying Real Wheels that are 15x10 with the Rockwell 6 bolt pattern, and was wondering if someone already makes spacers or if its something I will have to have made custom...

Thanks, Matt.

Isuzu box truck has 6 lug wheels cheap and easy thats what i run

Isuzu box truck has 6 lug wheels cheap and easy thats what i run

Cool, thanks! I did some checking in to it and located some of these wheels for purchase, but I was wondering if you widened the rims out at all? Or, if you had to put a spacer between the rims so the tires wouldn't touch each other?

Thanks again...

Cool, thanks! I did some checking in to it and located some of these wheels for purchase, but I was wondering if you widened the rims out at all? Or, if you had to put a spacer between the rims so the tires wouldn't touch each other?

Thanks again...

The tires touch on Jeremy's truck, i was going to use a spacer on mine when I ran duals but Jeremy said it wouldn't matter if they touched as it wouldnt hurt anything. I have to air the outside tire down to get the lugs started and pull the rim in, then air up the outer tire again. As long as you aren't driving on the street where there will be friction and heat build up, they will be fine if they are touching.

Thanks again...

Yea mine touches and like TJ said if your not running on the road it wont hurt the tires. Ive got mine off right now and they dont show any were to the side walls were they touch. If you run the 2 fastner setup like they do on the box trucks the firrst tire is held on by a lug and the second tire is held on by a nut that threads over the first lug you dont have to let the air out of the tires to get them on just run them on tight and let her eat and mine are not widened they are stock width but they could be widened if i took the time to do it

has anyone run a 6 lug wheel on the inside and then made an adapter to run a 8 lug wheel on the outside. some ring mounted duals would probably be the most economical way to go but i'm not too fond of just black rims i'd like to be able to run my nice wheels on the outside

8 lug wheel wont go over the rockwell center so you would have to make a really wide spacer (at least 6 inches) then it would stick out way to far

Why not buy one of these: F106 REAR HUBS – EVERYDAY LOW PRICE $ 890.00 per pair
HUBS ONLY
Available in:
* 6 on 8.75” Bolt Circle or
* 8 on 6.5” Bolt Circle
Hub Kit

Thanks again...

I've got a set of Isuzu NPR box truck wheels. If you need some let me know. It'd be local too.

That guy on RJ has 170/172's listed at $910 in case you didn't see it.

Yes he does, but not 8 bolt for 170/172's....But he does make an aluminum hub with the 6 bolt pattern. The outter end of a 170 axle is 6.25" around, so there is no way to make it 8 bolt unless you bought flange style c-clip axles and a spool to put in the center. I just want to run stock parts for now...

Oops. sorry about that. I don't blaim you, that is a lot of extra money you could put else where.

has anyone run a 6 lug wheel on the inside and then made an adapter to run a 8 lug wheel on the outside. some ring mounted duals would probably be the most economical way to go but i'm not too fond of just black rims i'd like to be able to run my nice wheels on the outside

Cosmichrome paint or "chrome" powdercoat...

I would get some 8x16 (or however big you want) rim shells from MRW and weld the Isuzu centers into them, any good fabricator can do this...I got a guy over by Daytona that will build me any size steel wheel as long as I provide the factory center and matching rim shell for 75 bucks...I was going to have some F-Superduty 10 lug centers welded into some 16x12 steel wheels to fit my Dana 80 thats going under my pulling truck...

Cosmichrome paint or "chrome" powdercoat...

I would get some 8x16 (or however big you want) rim shells from MRW and weld the Isuzu centers into them, any good fabricator can do this...I got a guy over by Daytona that will build me any size steel wheel as long as I provide the factory center and matching rim shell for 75 bucks...I was going to have some F-Superduty 10 lug centers welded into some 16x12 steel wheels to fit my Dana 80 thats going under my pulling truck...

ive got steel 16x10 blanks for inside dual and my 8 bolt wheels will be the outers i'll put pics up they should be done in a week or so

Back