How would YOU build it?

MD-LUCKY

Difficult To Pronounce...
So I'm presented with a very unique and interesting opportunity.

I work for a small select Ford Dealership in Idaho. We do not have a huge staff and millions to spend like many dealerships, and I actually wear several different hats. On a day to day basis, I'm both a Salesperson and the Financial Services Manager..

Like most people here, I'm also somewhat of a gearhead. This usually means I end up talking to the truck people and the specialty vehicles (like the GT500, for example)..

Well, the Boss presented me with a cool responsibility.. To build our first 08 Super Duty.

I have an idea of how I would build it for me, but I'm just looking for what people are looking for in the 08s. About the only limitations I'm given is that it needs to be a Diesel (duh) and it has to be a 4x4. The rest of the options are endless.

I'm going to be going into the order code later today and pulling options..

Lets say that I was building this truck for YOU... What would you want to see?

Thanks in advance!

Are we trying to keep the warranty intact or does anything go?
I would want an F-350 CC loaded with everything

Anything FACTORY goes. :)

Just like you were ordering a brand new truck.. Here is what I'm thinking, let me know if any additions/subtractions would interest you more:

Crew Cab Short Box (6') 4x4 FX4 offroad package
6.4 - 5-speed automatic
Two tone paint (dark blue, dark shadow grey)
Cloth stone interior
Power seats
Shift on fly 4x4
Engine block heater (not standard in Idaho, need as addition)
powerscope mirrors (power extend and fold)
Tow command system
Rapid Heat system
Tailgate assist

I'm leaning toward putting in satelite radio, but I don't know that it is a determining option for many buyers..

f-350 CC 4x4 dually, Black, chrome package, leather (black or gray). 6 disc, moon roof, no back up sensors (thoes are UGLY) block heater, tow package,
4 10's or 4 30's, automatic,fog's... that should wrap it up :}
robert

MD-LUCKY said:
Anything FACTORY goes. :)

Just like you were ordering a brand new truck.. Here is what I'm thinking, let me know if any additions/subtractions would interest you more:

Crew Cab Short Box (6') 4x4 FX4 offroad package
6.4 - 5-speed automatic
Two tone paint (dark blue, dark shadow grey)
Cloth stone interior
Power seats
Shift on fly 4x4
Engine block heater (not standard in Idaho, need as addition)
powerscope mirrors (power extend and fold)
Tow command system
Rapid Heat system
Tailgate assist

I'm leaning toward putting in satelite radio, but I don't know that it is a determining option for many buyers..

Go with leather, bright red, and the best audio system available

King ranch Interior is a must...it is the shizzle

would anyone rather see a handshaker then an automatic?

That was actually something I was really fighting with.. I would much rather have a 6-speed, but I know a lot of people buy autos.

why NPloysa, then you would have to drive it home and tell your parents your gay lol lol

Single color...with the grille and bumper color matched. Black, Dark Shadow Grey, Dark Stone, White. No two toned paint

...that will tone down the huge grille and show off the lines of the truck.

Stay away from brush guards, bug deflectors, or any of the cheap chrome bolt on accessories that you would see at a Pep-Boys store.

Leather interior is a must...if you are going to have one 08 on the lot you should make sure has the bells and whistles inside. Yes put the satilite radio in...Don't forget what the competition has in them. Automatic tranny... I assume people will be test driving it no?

Last edited:
Well, I was over-ruled on some items, and given the go ahead on others.

It will be a crew cab long box, not short :(

It has all the options I listed above. I said go with Sirius, and I was shot down on that one also.

Will have black leather. They want the two-tone to make a little more flashy compared to what we have. We have a two-tone ranger in blue/grey that looks really sharp, so that will be the color.

Will be automatic, 4x4.

Now I just can't wait until it gets here.. We were just told today that our GT500 is no longer on hold and will be built soon. Going to be getting all of our cool cars in January. :)

MD-LUCKY said:
would anyone rather see a handshaker then an automatic?

That was actually something I was really fighting with.. I would much rather have a 6-speed, but I know a lot of people buy autos.

Stick all the way. I hate auto's personally. Too much crap to mess with on the tranny later on. That said, IF I was going to get one, it would be the King Ranch, CC, 8ft box, stick, grey on grey, loaded interior, HD everything that ford makes for drive line and tranny. oh and Single rear wheel so I guess the 450 is out.

Cheers

Back