Hp and track times....HELP

DieselP

Iv got a ppumped 24v, with f1 200s, 800cc pump, built full manual auto
Twins 68 over 74, 12.1 fastest time. Would like to be low 11.s or faster
And help well appreciated. Fass 220 drops to 7 psi under wot. What would
Be a good direction to go

Start with your fuel pressure stabilized under full throttle. Run a regulated return system.

Last edited:
Ok planned on it, ordered an aeromotive electric pump with regulator.
I have horrible 60ft times it looks like a dmax on a launch. I lowered it
And put 265 tires on it it has 4.10 gears would you think that's gonna make my
Times worse??

I was thinking that was gonna be an issue, I was gonna run 30 in slicks so I lowered it,
And didn't think about the 410s, I'm worried about it slowing my time

I would probably change gears before tires. But you are heading in the right direction.

More questions...

What kind of boost are you launching at?
How about max boost?
How's the smoke?
Are you sure you have 800cc of fuel?
What was your 1/8th mile time?
What kind of rpm are you seeing through the traps?
Do you have a 68 and a 74....or a 62 and a 78 like in your sig?

Info is power :)

15 psi is the max I launch at, tried 20 but break output shafts. Max boost just have a 60psi gauge and it maxes out fast and easy. No smoke goin down the track, only smoke when spooling, the pump is actually benched at 1000cc, 62 and 78 sorry about that. Rpm was around 3000 but that was with 315 tires and now I'm on 265s.

Sounds like a fuel problem....no way you should be able to clean up 800-1000cc of fuel unless you're running 9s. Bump fuel pressure to about 40-60psi and go from there, but I don't think the fuel pressure is the only issue.

Fuel Pressure is a definite issue, you need to maintain at least 40psi. I'm blowing light gray smoke down the track with a 550cc pump. If you're clear with a 62/78, you need more fuel.

Timing seems a little high too. Maybe it would spool better @ 26 degrees or so. You really need to come off the line @ 20psi to get it going, it's really hard to get good times if you're above 1.7 60s. 1.6s is better. If you're breaking outputs to get to 20psi, you need a higher stall converter. Check for wastegate/boost leaks too.

You're going in the wrong direction with gears and tires too. I run 33" tires with 3.55, that still puts me 3300-3400 through the trap. That's a good range with the stock cam.

OK I was just told the ppump 24s like a lot of timing I might try changing that. Also changing fuel pressure to 60psi and trying that. Iv got 3.55 gears on order for the 30in tires. What type of fuel pump would you guys recommend?? fass drops from 45 to about 7 on wot. I was told to try a aeromotivw a1000

My AD DF-200 never outputs anything other than 32 psi. Even at 5000 RPM...not that I did that very often. LOL

I would bump your tires back up, if you don't want to a gear change right now. I would go some where a 305. It shouldn't hurt performance too bad, and it'll give you more top end. Like Hughes said, these things need load.

I would think fixing your fuel pressure issue, and some taller tires would make a huge difference.

Add more timing. I ran 30-33*. I don't think fuel pressure is causing all your problems. I had the same issue and more fuel pressure didn't pick up any power. You have enough speed it should go 11s if you can get it to 60ft better. You do for sure need 3.55s like everyone said. I would get a tork technologies overflow valve before buying a new Pump

Last edited:
Back