HP question?

Yeah am I gonna need to have a aftermarket fuel system? I figured the stock Duramax pump would handle it?

The way I understand it is, the stock cp3 handles a good bit but since a Dmax doesn't have a lift pump you need to add one to help support it...Esp. if you start making big power with modded or dual cp3's...

Correct me if I'm wrong guys... I'd like to learn too...

Could he do it to were level 1 would be stock and then have maybe a 50,100,150,200 horse increase as level 2-5?

From what I understand you can have ANY 5 tunes you want... It's literally totally custom to what you want... Just pic 5

The way I understand it is, the stock cp3 handles a good bit but since a Dmax doesn't have a lift pump you need to add one to help support it...Esp. if you start making big power with modded or dual cp3's...

Correct me if I'm wrong guys... I'd like to learn too...

Didn't know the Dmax didn't have a lift pump, learn something new everyday!

From what I understand you can have ANY 5 tunes you want... It's literally totally custom to what you want... Just pic 5

That's what I was assuming but wasn't sure.

Ryan give me a call if you want and I can help you out.

Jared

Will do Jared thanks. I am currently in Arkansas for the next 2 weeks and am working nights so I sleep during the day but I'll give u a call if I get a chance or when I get back into Elgin. Still need to get that Brite Box to you too.

HP depends more on air to a certain limit. My LBZ dynos 675+ and runs in the 11's on a totally stock, single cp3.

I've had stock turbo, stock injector, stock CP3 duramax's, without a lift pump, over 500HP.

The stock CP3 in a stock LBZ/LMM will handle 450HP no problem without a lift pump if the filter is clean if the tuning is done properly.

Yeah am I gonna need to have a aftermarket fuel system? I figured the stock Duramax pump would handle it?

The Duramax's do not have a lift pump from the factory, so a good setup like a fass or air dog will help ensure that your cp3 is not starving for fuel. We have been changing a lot of injection pumps do to poor supply/fuel quality problems so I would advise a lift pump just for precaution.

Last edited:
it would not be a bad idea to run one IMO. Can the CP3 keep up by itself to a jealthy number? sure. Would it be better for it if it had a pusher pump helping it? absolutely! In fact, the CP3 was DESIGNED to have a lift pump to help it but GM skimped and saved a few dollars without it. ;)

it would not be a bad idea to run one IMO. Can the CP3 keep up by itself to a jealthy number? sure. Would it be better for it if it had a pusher pump helping it? absolutely! In fact, the CP3 was DESIGNED to have a lift pump to help it but GM skimped and saved a few dollars without it. ;)

Does a CR Cummins have an OE lift pump ?

Does a CR Cummins have an OE lift pump ?

Yup! The cp3 on a dodge does not have the "sucking" ability that the dmax pump does... That's why supply pressure from my FASS had to be turned down to like 5-7 psi as opposed to 20-30+ psi for a dodge pump....

I've got a Dmax pump on top with my PPE duals...

HP depends more on air to a certain limit. My LBZ dynos 675+ and runs in the 11's on a totally stock, single cp3.

I've had stock turbo, stock injector, stock CP3 duramax's, without a lift pump, over 500HP.

The stock CP3 in a stock LBZ/LMM will handle 450HP no problem without a lift pump if the filter is clean if the tuning is done properly.

this is the guy you want tuning your d-max...........

this is the guy you want tuning your d-max...........

Yes it certainly is. Rob helped me on his wife's b-day one time. Great guy to deal with! Great tunes and always willing to help you get setup and running.

P.S. My truck made a 1006rwhp about two months ago :rockwoot:

Back