Ht60 or ht3b an parts

Ram12vcummins

Guess I'll put this here since not getting much action on vendor row.

Looking for info on the turbo. I'm thinking it's a ht60. Also need parts as the exhaust wheel is chipped an some metal moving round inside. Haven't pulled it apart yet.

d8377aee72ac8011e0127dcfb96052b3.jpg
13d62dd992c626a69ce94dc3b12fcb89.jpg
9427cabdbdbb96d9f09c810369262bcc.jpg
61ee6f56fd627356a5e3250b4b570378.jpg
20aa474f1e57663543a8e96c14d05fa7.jpg

i've been wrong before, but i THINK an ht60 will have a v-band clamp compressor housing and an HT3B will be bolt on.

It's a HT60. Ran one in a compound setup. I also have a genuin ht3b in the garage and it has a hose style compressor outlet. Turbine housings are interchangeable but not sure if anything else is. I remember the rebuild kits being the same. I have the specs I can find and post later.

It's a HT60. Ran one in a compound setup. I also have a genuin ht3b in the garage and it has a hose style compressor outlet. Turbine housings are interchangeable but not sure if anything else is. I remember the rebuild kits being the same. I have the specs I can find and post later.

K thanks. I'm guessing exhaust wheel an shaft will need replacing at the same time. I'm not sure what's required for compressor side when you change those if you need a balanced set or what.

ht60-compressor wheel Is a 73.50mm Inducer
109.13mm Exducer
Turbine wheel has a 97mm Inducer
86.36mm Exducer

I have rebuilt a few chargers without having them balanced with no issues. Most turbine shafts/wheels and compressor wheels come balanced. Obviously having them balanced together as an assembly is best but I don't think you would have an issue running it as a primary in a compound setup.

Balancing assemblies is like balancing tires. Sometimes they need no weight and sometimes you have to hide 6oz's on the back side of the rim no matter how you position the tire. Keep that in mind.

Would I be wrong to guess that rebuild kit fits the 23cm housing? And mine being 26 requires the 86.36?

4191f9663741415f17d5e465a57397ff.jpg

Can I just replace part #38 heat shield? Not sure how to order these parts with no serial number tag.

Last edited:
Don't waste your time and money on that charger. It's good for 2 things right now: cheap turbine engine projeCT that will blow up first time it hits 20 psi, or a door stop/shop art. I love cheap used chargers, have played with lots of them, but that charger is gone. You're better off playing with a new Chinese GT45 knockoff charger than putting new parts in that old Holset charger.

That's probably what I needed to hear lol I don't want a Chinese knock off that's for sure. I've got a couple turbos off my series 60 that were is good shape. So maybe one of them is a better fit. Ya it would have been a nice used charger for what I paid if I could have rebuilt but no can do.

The project I'm putting it on probably won't have an intercooler so don't need parts flying into engine.

Last edited:
I have a blown up BHT3E turbo off our N-14 Cummins powered semi that you can have for free, simply pay the shipping. It lost the bearings and smoked the compressor wheel, you might be able to harvest the turbine wheel from my blown up turbo and cobble it together with your turbo parts and make it into something useful, then again, you might not. I was going to mount mine in the bed of my race truck for ballast/ugly artwork.... LOL

That's probably what I needed to hear lol I don't want a Chinese knock off that's for sure. I've got a couple turbos off my series 60 that were is good shape. So maybe one of them is a better fit. Ya it would have been a nice used charger for what I paid if I could have rebuilt but no can do.

The project I'm putting it on probably won't have an intercooler so don't need parts flying into engine.

60 series did come with a few decent turbos depending on year and model. i believe ht3b, gt4294, gt4202, and K31 all came on 60s. not sure what your intentions are for this build, but all would make decent primary in mild-moderate set of compounds.

60 series did come with a few decent turbos depending on year and model. i believe ht3b, gt4294, gt4202, and K31 all came on 60s. not sure what your intentions are for this build, but all would make decent primary in mild-moderate set of compounds.

I wanna say the turbo had holset written on it I'll check tonight. I want a set of compounds for my fun pulling tractor to run with my hx35 and 5x.014. The series 60 is a 95 engine pre wastegated turbo. I'm not sure what the a/r would differ to the 26 cm housing though.

Also a dinosaur turbo.

I'd consider a gt42, k31, ht3b, or s472 for what you're looking to do.

I have a genuin Borg Warner HT3B(thought it was holset but i was wrong). It needs a turbine shaft but has a fresh rebuild kit installed. I assembled it together with the messed up shaft for shipping purposes. Just needs a shaft $150.
IMG_2186_zpso2fehqtn.jpg

Back