Htt 71/73/16

CumminsPOWER

"I'll go all in."
I'm currently running a Batmo 66/74/14, but have a HTT 71/73/16 ready to go on after I get my Redline/MVP on and I'm just trying to get the story on these chargers. Doesn't seem like many people have/do run them. Is it an s300 framed charger? I read that is was the biggest s300 available Is there a reason why it seems to lack widespread use? Any info would be greatly appreciated gents. :Cheer:

I'm currently running a Batmo 66/74/14, but have a HTT 71/73/16 ready to go on after I get my Redline/MVP on and I'm just trying to get the story on these chargers. Doesn't seem like many people have/do run them. Is it an s300 framed charger? I read that is was the biggest s300 available Is there a reason why it seems to lack widespread use? Any info would be greatly appreciated gents. :Cheer:

Cost per performance would probably be a factor.

Those were well over $2000 new, you can get a similar performing S400(minus the gated housing) for about half.

Yeah, all of HTT's snails are pricey. Thankfully, I didn't buy it new. lol

I'm also wondering should I just sell both my turbos and get a s400 framed charger like a 467? I'm assuming that'll give me a bit more room to grow into a p-pump once it happens? It's on my "pulling" truck, that I'm hoping to get maybe a p-pump after next season. Problem is, I'm in an auto(due to my injury).

Yeah, all of HTT's snails are pricey. Thankfully, I didn't buy it new. lol

I'm also wondering should I just sell both my turbos and get a s400 framed charger like a 467? I'm assuming that'll give me a bit more room to grow into a p-pump once it happens? It's on my "pulling" truck, that I'm hoping to get maybe a p-pump after next season. Problem is, I'm in an auto(due to my injury).

Thats what I would do because a s467 will flow a lot more air and will honestly spool better than that s371. Just my $.02

Do you mean it'd flow better and spool better then the 71 on the p-pump or on the VP as well? I'm assuming the best option for me would be the .90 housing?

It may be a K31 based chargers count the blades on the turbine.
If its waste gated. They are really stout chargers. They like the rpms. Like to chirp and bark if not waste gated or depending on turbine housing .

I know for sure it's waste gated. I'd have to count the blades again... can't remember off hand.

Call em and see if it is K31 based. The K31 chargers like to blow up if you overspeed them, or nitrous backfire them, but otherwise they are a helluva charger. During testing, the Aurora 5000 we ran hit 60psi before 2,500rpm, and started spooling around 2K. Not bad for a charger that big (on a 5.9L).

I ran an HTT 71/73-13 for a while on my 07. It spooled very quickly with the small exhaust housing and easily made over 700hp at the tires. I liked it, but I didn't feel comfortable spraying it. Probably the most fun single charger I ever ran. My charger was S300 based with a ported shroud compressor housing.

[ame="http://s880.photobucket.com/user/tcalvin87/media/71.jpg.html"]71.jpg Photo by tcalvin87 | Photobucket[/ame]
[ame="http://s880.photobucket.com/user/tcalvin87/media/misc_121309_323.jpg.html"]misc_121309_323.jpg Photo by tcalvin87 | Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
Yeah I will have to call them tomorrow I suppose. It's 7 blades on the inlet side and 10 blades on the exhaust side btw.

Do you mean it'd flow better and spool better then the 71 on the p-pump or on the VP as well? I'm assuming the best option for me would be the .90 housing?

I think it would man. I ran a s366/74/12 and my s471/83/.90 spooled at the same rpm but hit way way way hard!

Back