Hubs

bigstacks95

Diesel Doc
For you guys running locking hubs, what brands are you guys running? I have been using the Warn super hubs (the yellow ones) and every once in a while I blow one apart or strip all the teeth off.... like every 5 or 8 hooks or so. Fortunately they have a lifetime warranty, but still frustrating. I had one break on me at one hook this year and it forced me to slide out of bounds.

I'd rather not switch to drive flanges, we have way too many pulls that are tough to jockey the truck around at and I like being able to unlock them to move around the pits, or in front of my shop which is all paved.

Thanks all :Cheer:

In on this. I would like to run a spool in the front but can't run hydraulic steering so I too would like to see what works for people running a lockout.

For you guys running locking hubs, what brands are you guys running? I have been using the Warn super hubs (the yellow ones) and every once in a while I blow one apart or strip all the teeth off.... like every 5 or 8 hooks or so. Fortunately they have a lifetime warranty, but still frustrating. I had one break on me at one hook this year and it forced me to slide out of bounds.

I'd rather not switch to drive flanges, we have way too many pulls that are tough to jockey the truck around at and I like being able to unlock them to move around the pits, or in front of my shop which is all paved.

Thanks all :Cheer:

sorry i know this isn't what your looking for exactly, But with my dealings on several pulling trucks a detroit locker in the front and drive flanges is the only way to go, Our truck turns on a dime with that setup, I have a few trucks running now with a spartan locker in a oem open carrier and they seemed to have held up so far. One truck has broken 2 front R&P and the spartan locker is still in tack.

got a arb air locker and a bnib spicer powerloc here if you go to a locker,you wont regret it

sorry i know this isn't what your looking for exactly, But with my dealings on several pulling trucks a detroit locker in the front and drive flanges is the only way to go, Our truck turns on a dime with that setup, I have a few trucks running now with a spartan locker in a oem open carrier and they seemed to have held up so far. One truck has broken 2 front R&P and the spartan locker is still in tack.

Was hoping to avoid having to buy a locker but I am sure this is the right way to go.

Any one have experience with the ones from Yukon? they claim they lock when they break but not sure how it could lock if you strip the splines out.

Bigstack95, what gear ratio are you running? I have a new Detroit Soft Locker for he 4.56 and numerically higher gear ratio. I was going to use it on a 4.88 ratio.

Bigstack95, what gear ratio are you running? I have a new Detroit Soft Locker for he 4.56 and numerically higher gear ratio. I was going to use it on a 4.88 ratio.

5.13, PM Me what you're looking to get for it!!!

Yukon Grizzly Locker works great for me. I have electric steering as well and it turns on a dime.

Back