Humm...

stock600

Many of the Pro Mod teams have switched over to M5 over reg. Alky and finding lots more power, it also contains a % of nitro. Just curious if anyone that acually runs a alky mix with thier water has tried this fuel instead? I always run straight water in mine for max cooling but for those looking for the extra kick Id love to hear storys back from people that try it:hehe:, injecting some methanol/nitro mixture could give some exciting resultsLOL. My problem with a fuel/water mix is the 'time' in which its injected, a fuel in a combustion ingnition engine before you really want it sounds very wrong to me.... but for those that do it and have zero issues, try some M5 next time:poke:

Click here: Why does M5 work so much better than straight methanol?

Last edited:
Click on the link I posted below. It's a new methanol blend that has like 5% nitro, lots of the Pro Mod and even some of the 10.5 guys are running it with great results. Just wondering if someone may have thought to give it a try in thier water injection system. I always run just water with a bit of water soluable oil for max cooling and rust provention.

Why does M5 work so much better than straight methanol?

I know Scott Bentz ran like 20% and fried a lot of stuff. Distribution problems. I mixed about 4% nitro in with my diesel fuel and it ran funny and EGTs were higher, but I never tried any with my w/m kit. I would say the distribution would have to be spot on...I might even spray pre-turbo.

Back