HVAC controls

theonlyz

professional he** raiser
Ive dont all the hard work and now Im at a dead end. A few weeks ago I threw a new electric control selector at it with no change. Then I decided to get the heatertreater fix. I finally set sometime away for it and pulled the dash part way last night and replaced all 4 of the doors and functional checked all 4 motors and they all test good. Everything went fine on disassembly and assembly but before I started bolting down the dash again I wanted to try it out. When I tried it out I still have the same symptoms of it only blows out of the middle vents no floor or defrost.

What am I missing? I pluged the passenger side harnesses back in but I believe those are only radio wires and I also reattached the drivers side main harness with the 10mm bolt in the middle. Im cross eyed :nail:after this so any help would be great.

Thanks

For those that have replace these doors is there a kind of recalibration that needs to happen?

Man it is going to sound odd as hell but if you have a spare blower motor try replacing it.

My 04.5 gave me fits for months I replaced the controls, looked for shorts replaced the ignition switch, and the resistor. Only to just say screw it everything else has been replaced and swapped blower motors. I have not been able to confirm it in the diagram but it seems the whole system shares a common ground. I was having issues with the compressor cycling the fan speed, and zone selections prior to that.

Yes there is a recalibration that you can do. I've only done it with a scan tool but I believe it can be done by disconnecting the battery then reconnecting it and starting the truck and putting the blower on medium speed with the mode set so it blows out the dash vents and letting it go thru its sequence.

I have full control of the fan speed its just the vents I have no control over. I disconnected the batteries when I pulled the dash but still the same symptoms of no vent control. Maybe I need to just put it all together and give it a few minutes of just blowing. I was watching for the motors to move but, I seen nothing happening thats why I just said F it.

Thanks for the replys and help

Well I gave it some time on medium fan and turned on the dash vent and let it run like that for 5 min or so and came back and I once again have full control. Actually Ive never had any control over it since I bought it in 2010.

Merry Christmas to all

Back