hx 50

chrisc

a buddy of mine is a diesel mechanic and gave me an hx 50 off of an m11 cummins. I have an 01 6-speed with a edge drag comp and a superchips downloader. i know what ive got wont support the hx50. I was just curious as to what i would need to make this work, or even if it would work. I thought i mite as well try since it was free. any suggestions?

Are you using the superchips and the comp together, if so don't you will have too much timing. I would imagine that you are going to need more fuel, injectors and a fuel system to support to get it to spool.

ive been told i mite be making too much timing before. i have a raptor fuel pump already. i was thinking of getting some small injectors, nothing too crazy. anybody know what ball park power range i could be making? i dnt want to goo too crazy since i use this truck working.

I would'nt put that on for street drivin. Too big, lots of turbo lag. Lots of smoke. Sell it to a buddy and get a smaller one. Find the correct turbo for your needs. There are plenty of places that will sell you the correct turbo, and it will be better than that old HX 50.

ive got a buddy thats buildin a 12v puller whose got an hx40 he'd trade me. That would prob do better for me. or i could do an hx 35/40 hybrid.

See what size housing is on it. A 16cm housing is great for DD or towing. If it's bigger than that you can find a smaller one. Don't try a 19cm size. Too big.

thanks for the info. i think its the 19cm cause its alot bigger than the one on the hx 35 ive got now.

U can take that HX35 or a HX40 turbine housing and with a little turning on the lath make those work pretty easily on the 50 back in the day b4 S300 craze this was kinda popular but did have a tendency to pop

Back