Hx-80

Holysmoke

I just came across a hx 80 I can get real cheap. My question is how much cfm it givees would it make a great secondary or just an ok secondary. It came off a generater that produces 2200 hp or somethign but its a twin turbo V-12 so 6 cylinders get a turbo each. Any info?:thankyou2:

Well HX-82's flow about 2450 CFM so an 80 would be around there somewhere. Not sure how'd itd work, what are u gonna have as a primary?

I've seen em used as a single before. Not worth a poo if you didn't have mad mad mad R's. :pop:

Prolly take a pretty good primary to feed that booger.

No problem...I just wanted to make sure the right info gets out to those who may not be so well versed in the diesel nomenclature!

It took me a few times to get it right too...lots and lots of reading:D

BTW, and HX82 is BIG!!!! IIRC, most pullers will either use it as a BIG single, or BOMB it to become a bigger primary!

I have seen three of them be used on one engine though...alky tractor:D
Chris

You could do this with it.
Sorry for the size of the pic.

twinturbos.jpg

When they say the top and bottom turbo, the bottom turbo is the primary?

SledPuller21 said:
Well HX-82's flow about 2450 CFM so an 80 would be around there somewhere. Not sure how'd itd work, what are u gonna have as a primary?

I already have twins. I have an Htb262 cm and a B1 (big brother) as the secondary.

i was told the primary is the first one or the one on top, and secondary is the second or bottom turbo.*bdh*

The First stage turbo is the low presure turbo or the bottom turbo, the second stage turbo is high presure turbo (the smaller of the two)
Casey

Casey C said:
The First stage turbo is the low presure turbo or the bottom turbo, the second stage turbo is high presure turbo (the smaller of the two)
Casey

I stand corrected and it makes sence now that you put it like that. Maybe nobody told me that I just thought that. Thanks for the info

Holysmoke said:
I already have twins. I have an Htb262 cm and a B1 (big brother) as the secondary.

A B1 is not a big brother turbo..... The Big Brother is based off of the S4T turbo, it is much larger than a B1.

Doug

Joe, on that setup why is the inlet to the little turbo built that way instead of a 90 degree, or does it not matter.......I was thinking turbulance.

Jim

Jim Fulmer said:
Joe, on that setup why is the inlet to the little turbo built that way instead of a 90 degree, or does it not matter.......I was thinking turbulance.

Jim
The radius was to short to use a bend.Since its pressurized I can't see were it really matters.
Being as the big turbo is up front you wouldn't believe how easy it is to work on.

Jetpilot said:
A B1 is not a big brother turbo..... The Big Brother is based off of the S4T turbo, it is much larger than a B1.

Doug

My buddy put this on my turck and told me it was a B1 and said its a big brother. I have not seen it but he did tell me it flows 19000 cfm. Is that the flow of a big brother. I wont see it till I go home in june. He says it will hit 100 psi. If you have more info I would like to know.

Back