HX40 Installation Kit

rollerink

I am looking at getting new modified Hx40 but the problem is its only the turbo. What else am I going to need to install this turbo. I already know I need a new down pipe. What else, like specific gaskets etc and if anyone know where to get these it would be very helpful. Thanks

more than likey the company that sells you the turbo will include the gaskets, or have a kit that you can buy. the gasket that you should, and or will need to replace are the exhaust manifold to turbo gasket, with the divided volute - (cummins pt.#3901356), the turbo oil drain pipe gasket - (cummins pt.#3519807), air transfer/output connection oring( the elbow that has a v-band clamp that is connected to the outlet of the turbo compressor housing, there is a orange oring in there that you should replace, cummins pt.# 3883284.) and you may be able to reuse the oring on the oil feed line adaptor that screws into the top of the bearing housing, but if you want to replace the cummins pt.# is 3037236. you probably wont need to replace the mounting nuts or studs, but if you want to, the part # for the nuts are 3818824, and the stud part # is 3818823. if you have a cummins distributor around where you live, they should have all this stuff instock. hope this helps.

wes

I wouldnt mess with the compressor outlet gasket. I have had mine off plenty of times and it doesent leak.

Oil return gasket, and manifold to turbo gasket should be all you need other than the downpipe. Its a pretty simple install.

My wastegate on my turbo was hitting my oil return line, so i modded it to where it doesent hit any more. Otherwise i was going to have to modify my oil return line by cutting/welding or using a rubber hose, and i didnt want to do that. A couple minutes with a cutting wheel and welder had the wastegate modded to where it is in a much better spot IMO. I think if i hadnt of modded it, it would have made me have to reclock my compressor housing.

Just a heads up. Surprises are never fun, especially when its your daily driver.

i know the oring most of the time wont leak, but after doing as many turbos as i have done, i have been suprised to find some orings in very poor condition. i just thought i would list it.

wes

Thats true, and its never a bad idea to have everything you even think you might need, because as soon as you dont, you need it. I havent personally needed on yet, but im sure one day i will and ill be rushing around trying to fnd one:hehe:

Back