HX50 rebuild???

I've searched a couple of times and really just found general chit chat......

I've got an hx50 coming that needs rebuilt. I can find the rebuild kit easily enough, so that's not a problem.

I've seen some say that the wheel and shaft are prone to breakage and somone said the comp. housing is to thin causing it to warp and contact the wheel??

My questions....
Are there upgraded shafts and wheels available for the 50??
Do I need to worry about/upgrade the comp. housing??
Where's the best place(s) to find parts for the hx50???

This turbo is supposedly the 62mm version.....

Bump........

Help me out here guys!

Post #2 was great advise. You could call them. They know some stuff :)

The HX50 model covers some different configurations. So you'll need the part numbers of off the charger. If it doesn't have a tag with a part number or the assembly number, you'll need to tear it apart and get numbers off the pieces.

Post #2 was great advise. You could call them. They know some stuff :)

The HX50 model covers some different configurations. So you'll need the part numbers of off the charger. If it doesn't have a tag with a part number or the assembly number, you'll need to tear it apart and get numbers off the pieces.
I've seen CDS come up in a few discussions on the hx50's.....prolly give them a call.

Your name was also on my mind.....so I'm guessing by your post that you guys don't do turbos??

I had a hx50 that i had a billet shaft and billet 71mm comp wheel installed be hind a machined hx40 comp housing. The turbin side i had a 17cm t4 housing machined for a 76mm wheel and a hx40 downpipe. It cost me 2200$ to build. It was basically a superfarm turbo with a tighter housing. Columbus would be a good source.

Tim

On a nother note, they dont take much turbo barkin. The tighter housings are hard on them. A s300 although still expensive would be a better option. They will deff. outlast the 50. Mine was on a 12 daily driver and sled puller and worked great for that. It didnt like burnouts very much.

Back