HX52 Options

Smokinrebel

I picked up an HX52 with a 22 exhaust housing, Got decent deal on it...i have been kicking around couple ideas. First off run it as a single, take the 22 housing off and put a 16 back on (im currently looking for a housing)...or do a small set of compunds using my 35 feeding the hx52. Ive been talking to coonsmile alot about this and hes pretty much talked me into new idea....sell charger and get a s362 63/68/12 and have fun...

My question is...has anyone used a similar setup for twins like i mentioned? or have any input. From what all ive read it sounds like the charger as a single is not very street friendly. Im wanting something to make decent power, and stikll be able to hook onto trailer and not have big smoke show.

Currently i have an Adrenalin and small set of injectors. I was thinking about getting a set of SAC 7x12 or EDM 8x.09 with this set up to.

Any input ?

Thanks
Brian

Ive got a single hx52 64comp 16exhaust. Spools great with some 150s/ 0.093 tubes and a quad 4k.

That housing is going to kill you, if you can find a 16 it should work fine as a single.

Im working on that now. But i seem to be reading alot of negative on this charger for what im looking for.

When does yours light?

I can start building boost at 1400rpm on my stock setting driving normally. Daily driving it rarely sees over 10 psi.
I have the wastegate and mount off mine if you need it. I built a spring gate for mine.

Looks like i really need to track down a housing more then anything. WHat kind of boost numbers are your seeing and egt?

I never gets over 1450 and about 35 is all I've pushed it too.

Currently yes....somewhere in that area. I dont know a ton about all this, thats why im asking. Coonsmile has been walking me through alot of this, im just trying to dig a little deeper.

Buy an S300 as mentioned, then a 7x0.010" injector, great setup for a VP truck and you won't waste your time and money doing it twice.

That is exactly what Kyle keeps telling me...i figured since i already have this charger and got good deal on it i could make something work....but he keeps telling me exactly what your saying.

I got a he341/hx52 twin set on my 4bt. Works good on my 4cyl, and I'd like to try it on a mild 6cyl

Thats the biggest question on my mind right now..how would a hx35/hx52 be? especially since this 52 has a 22 housing....if its even worth fooling with or not.

I have a 66/16cm hx52 with 150 hp injectors and a regular quadzilla and I was very suprised how easy the turbo lights with little to no smoke. I havent hooked it to a trailer yet but it drove fine with a snowplow and 2 tons of salt on it.

Back