hx55 exhaust housing

i already have an email in to them to see what options they have for me. but im sure it wont be cheap from them. looking for something cheaper... possibly used.

CDS should have access to "stock" turbine housings...most Holset dealers will also. I would suggest calling CDS as opposed to email.

You will definitely need to know what size your turbine wheel is...may want to post that in your wanted ad.

Last edited:
well i found out its a 22cm housing.. not a 26. but he's gonna pull it apart to measure the wheel but he said he thinks its a 77mm turbine wheel. how laggy is this pig gonna be? ive got 5x.018's, haisley built pump flows 550cc, p&p head on exhaust side and haisley cam. but i also found a guy that said he has a 19cm housing i could get too if need be. but the pics he sent me looks different from the charger i am getting. the mounting flange looks different.

22 is going to be a super duper pig! 19 will make it a little better, but still a pig.

How is the exhaust housing bolted to the cartridge? I am betting that you can get a 16cm wastegated housing off of a Hx40 and machine it for your wheel and it would make a decent combo.

its gotta be better than a 26cm.. i know its gonna be laggy. but im not putting a hx40 housing on it. ive already got the 5in downpipe made for the 55 exhaust housing to match my 5in exhaust. maybe ill just try and get the 19cm housing and see how it does.

There also is a 17cm turbine housing out there for the HX50. I don't remember if that will fit on the HX55 or not.

i have an 18cm exhaust housing on my hx55 it gets spoolin around 1900-2100rpm

where'd you get it at? and how much? mine has a real funky foot and 5in outlet. id like to keep the outlet the same. i dont wanna have to make a new downpipe if i dont have to. guy im gettin the charger from already made a5in dp to fit the flange thats on it. this is what my mounting foot and outlet look like.
0214001627a.jpg

0214001627.jpg

it has a 22cm housing. the guy im getting it from said he thought it was a 26cm. he hadnt looked at it in awhile so he checked last night and its a 22cm. id like to find something smaller.

Back